Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Galaxy Z flip 3 turning off when folded and not on charger.

(Topic created on: 13-05-2022 10:52 PM)
Ajaselaphoto
First Poster
Options

Hello I'm having two issues with my Samsung galaxy Z Flip 3. I've only had the phone 5 months now and the screen cover is starting to crack at the fold and there is a lifted spot on the right have side that I can feel and hear make a slight popping sound when I move my finger over it. Second issue is the phone now shuts off when I fold it unless it is hooked to it's charger. I've done a wipe and factory reset and the problem was not fixed. At this point the phone is unusable as intended. What are my options?

8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star β˜…β˜…
Options

I would suggest to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for them to have hands on with the phone to assess it @Ajaselaphoto 

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Horatio1971
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my flip, I have had it for 10 months now, at 1st I couldn't fold it or it would shut off now it needs to be on the charger to stay on. It shows 100 percent battery

KatiZ
First Poster
Options

I also had the same problems and I've only been using the phone for about half a year. In addition, the glass on the fold of the inner screen started to come off, on both sides. Although I am a loyal user of Samsung phones, this model disappointed me.

Members_YEq6Jwr
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. How did you resolve it?

0 Likes
Hidari95
Journeyman
Options

MΓͺme problΓ¨me. Je possΓ¨de le Z3 depuis avril, il fonctionnait parfaitement or ce matin il Γ©tait Γ©teint lorsque je l'ai ouvert. J'ai eu tout d'abord du mal Γ  le relancer puis, lorsque je l'ai refermΓ©, j'ai constatΓ© qu'il s'Γ©tait Γ  nouveau totalement Γ©teint. J'ai passΓ© la journΓ©e avec le tΓ©lΓ©phone ouvert pour pouvoir m'en servir. AprΓ¨s avoir lu un commentaire sur internet j'ai pu vΓ©rifier le fait que lorsqu'il est branchΓ© sur secteur il ne s'Γ©teint pas lorsqu'on le plie. Bref, pour l'instant je cherche Γ  le dΓ©charger totalement pour tenter de "recalibrer" la batterie, certains commentaires laissant penser que cela pourrait Γͺtre Γ  l'origine du problΓ¨me, ce dont je doute puisqu'il fonctionne parfaitement ouvert, mais bon .... en l'absence de toute information de Samsung on essais un peu tout ce que l'on trouve hormis le reset usine qui ne sert manifestement Γ  rien si l'on en juge par les tΓ©moignages de ceux qui ont essayΓ©. A noter que la trΓ¨s grande majoritΓ© des commentaires dΓ©noncent l'incurie du service aprΓ¨s vente Samsung et conseil mΓͺme de passer son chemin lorsque c'est possible.

sr80
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. Because of the scrach on the back side of the hinge the Samsung also doesn't accept the warranty. I also attach the photo of a scracth so you can se it what is the problem. I have this scratch about 6 months but the phone is having this issue now, so in my oppinion this scratch has nothing to do with this problem. I am also very disappointed with Samsung response.
For now I am havng the phone connected to the power bank all the time and it works fine but this is not a permanent solution.
I recommend everyone that have this model of phone that you take the insurance, because I doubt that anyone phone that is older than one year is without a scratch.

IMG-f0900a742d5bb1f7ad8d92a0793e0621-V.jpg

adimax24
Student
Options

Same problem for the last 2 months. Randomly worked for 3 weeks and stopped again. Samsung doesn't have a solution apart from changing the entire screen and doesn't acknowledge warranty for a slight 0.5 cm chip along the edge of the hinge. 

0 Likes
adimax24
Student
Options

Done this. Got no solution apart from replacing the entire frame and display which cost $370! Thinking of junking the phone

0 Likes