Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold won't unfold

(Topic created on: 22-01-2024 08:10 PM)
Fahad_1
Student
Options
My z fold 4 won't unfold all the way. You can hear some resistance during unfolding . Samsung say its my fault as there is a chip at the bottom of the inner screen. I can barely make out any damage. Will samsung accept this as trade in for s24 ultra 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung will think the outer damage has been made via an accidental bump or drop hence not covered under the 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty. 

In regards to a Trade-In there are Terms that a phone has to meet. 

If they dont then this can adversely affect the Trade-In amount first indicated.

Samsung would make contact to advise kf this and possibly offer a lower amount etc. 

From https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/payment-and-financing/how-does-trade-in-work. 

Select storage

What condition is your device?

We take in a range of devices in a range of conditions. To help us get you an accurate trade in price just answer ‘yes’ if your device isn’t damaged, switches on and works well.

If your phone doesn’t meet all these requirements, don’t worry, we’ll still be able to offer you a trade in price as long as your phone switches on and holds charge, isn’t damaged and has no outstanding finance or credit. Please also make sure it has a factory reset and no software locks. "

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fahad_1
Student
Options
1 of the requirements for trade in is "functioning display". Nothing wrong with the screen. No scratches etc. But it doesn't unfold fully and this is where I suspect they probably won't accept it
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Unfortunately any marks/chips around hinge area or screen is voided the warranty. Normally the hinge not activating fully is a sign of it being knocked.
Diagnostics can now determ also if the device has had a knock so another way of checking if it has had a knock.
0 Likes