Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 5 One Ui 6 Beta

(Topic created on: 11-10-2023 10:16 AM)
Mandy1
Pioneer
Options
Hi, I want to install the beta on my fold 5 but it advises to backup the your data to a computer first in case of any loss issues. I don't use a computer or laptop. If I back up my Tab S8 Ultra wld this mean my data was safe if an issue on my fold 5 occurred whilst using the beta? Apologies if this is a stupid question! 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Mandy1 

I would say it is an absolute must to backup your device before switching to Beta or any firmware updates. Samsung recommend using a PC and their Smart Switch PC app because this is an effective way of achieving this and also, if you needed to leave the Beta update, the Smart Switch firmware is needed to downgrade. This downgrade to an earlier, stable, release factory resets your phone and wipes it completely and therefore your Smart Switch backup is useful in restoring your data. There are other ways to backup your device but without a PC you would need to go to a Samsung Service Centre to downgrade.

My advice would be to forget the Beta, test, versions and wait for the stable roll-out of One UI 6.0 in the next few weeks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Mandy1
Pioneer
Options
Thanks so much for your reply. You've kinda confirmed what I was already thinking. Indent wanna end up with a nightmare thru being impatient. I'll wait 🙂
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Mandy1 

Good decision! 😁

My motto is... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure☹️

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes