Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 hinge

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 10:36 AM)
wonkeydonkey
Apprentice
Options
I have had my galaxy z fold 4 now for 14 months and not had any issues with the hinge, now all of a sudden last night it has now decided not to fully open, it has never been dropped sat on or anything always been in a protective case and still has all sticky films on it from new.
Has anyone else got this problem and how did you fix it.
Thanks in advance. 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This won't be something you can fix for yourself.
Contact Samsung Customer Support and get the phone booked for a repair.
If you have Care+, it can usually be fixed under this.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @wonkeydonkey 

Please do ask a Samsung Service Centre to assess your phone. 

In the UK Samsung apply a 24 month Manufacturing Warranty. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
RonAllen
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.  After 17 months my fold4 will not open. It's well taken care of. Samsung states that the hinge cam be open and closed more than 200,000 times with no issues, but I'm calling BS on this. I would have had to open my phone more than 500+ times a day to hit that number and I know I haven't. Samsung lied and knew it would fail shortly after the 1 year warranty. When I called and talk with Samsung thier recommendation was to trade it in and go with the S series phone. They need to do what's right and fix the phones. 

0 Likes
camerashy
First Poster
Options
Had the same issues with mine, only 13 months old. I read lots of horror stories about Samsung refusing to repair under warranty.

I sent it off anyway, and I had a great experience they fixed the hinge issue, including the screen protector, which had a cut in it, and the edges were slightly dented and they where repaired. It's like a brand new phone.! My advice is to send it off to Samsung.

0 Likes
SweetPea
First Poster
Options

Would you mind sharing the repair cost for that? Mine just started not opening all the way this evening after 15 months. 

0 Likes
camerashy
First Poster
Options
It didn't cost a thing free warranty repair. I live in the UK and I think the warranty is better than the USA.
0 Likes