Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip phones

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
amxxat
Explorer
Options
I was wondering if getting a flip phone would be good to get, I have seen people with them and they look amazing I mainly like the flipping feature as it is nostalgic but modern.
I would like to know any pros or cons people have had from getting this phone.
9 REPLIES 9
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
keith30
Maestro
Options
The down side is the screen as the hinge can easy go or the screen protector would peel off. Do plenty reviews before you decide if they are for you.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Whatever you choose, once you turn to the flip side, there is no going back to slabs.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A few points  I would like to make:

The Form factor/compactness of Flip phones  and Flex Mode/multitasking capabilities are one of the selling points. see a bit more in this video:

However there can be durability concerns  and potential battery life limitations are a consideration,  the specifications do not quite match up to the S Devices in my view.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

amxxat
Explorer
Options
Thank you I'll take a look at it.
0 Likes
amxxat
Explorer
Options
I agree with that, once you find a phone that is unique there no way to go back to basic.
amxxat
Explorer
Options
I have seen the screen protector peeling off and the hinge can get looser over but If I take care of it, I'm sure it will last.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I moved from a slab phone to the Samsung Fold³ phone, and loved what it brought to the table. 

However I traded that in and moved to the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra and s²⁴ Ultra,  so in my case moving back to a slab phone wasn't an issue 🤔😉

Definitely have some hands on experience at a Samsung Experience Store or Highstreet Network Store @amxxat 

Enjoy the journey ️ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Diane N
First Poster
Options

I had a z-flip 3 and the battery swelled up and ruined the phone so had to buy new phone.  got z-flip 4 and what I thought was a good case.  Case did not well protect the hinge and hitting on the hinge destroyed the phone.  Just received refurb phone also Z flip 4 and got a new case with hinge protection.  I like my phone but I would recommend a case that has a hard protective area over the hinge.  

0 Likes