Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 5 no upgrading. Still on January update nothing since

(Topic created on: 21-03-2024 09:18 PM)
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Anyone help me iv not had an update for my flip 5 since January anyone else in the same boat ? 
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@niceguyeddie99 

Hello and welcome to Samsung forums.

There have been 2 further updates for the Flip5 phone, model F731B, since January for U.K. and Ireland devices. Have you tried connecting your device to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and checked for an update via that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Tried that there is nothing to update says up to date .
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@niceguyeddie99 

OK. Have you installed a custom ROM or modified the device in any way?

Did your purchase this as new?

Go to... Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version... can you post a screenshot of that info similar to below which is for a Fold5.

SOFTWARE INFO 2 Screenshot_20240322_012608_Settings.jpg

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Bought from a local seller 1711071780566.jpg
0 Likes
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Never installed custom rom
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@niceguyeddie99 

Thanks! The screenshot shows nothing amiss and that you have the correct F731B model for this region and that it is running the stock, non-carrier branded, Samsung firmware and your are with the EE/BT network. 

One thing you could try is to turn your phone off, remove the SIM card, turn it back on for a minute and then turn it off and replace your SIM card and turn it on again and check if there are any updates for you in... Settings > Software update > Download and install... see if that helps.

0 Likes
niceguyeddie99
Journeyman
Options
Hi thanks for all the help . No nothing tried the sim card trick nothing. Hopefully one day it will update . I had the flip 3 for 2 years and every month with out fail update . Got this for Xmas present and no updates since I got it . Very strange and was a gift from someone else from a local store . I'm not even on ee or bt . The handset is unlocked in using vodaphone. Tried a ee sim card still nothing. Bummer but thanks for the help again gregg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@niceguyeddie99 

Therein seems to be the problem. The phone is registering an EE, (EVR), SIM card and you are running Vodafone. As you have access to the EE SIM, you could try installing it and leaving it overnight or connecting it to Smart Switch and checking again. Failing that, a full Factory Data Reset and insert your Vodafone SIM in after. This will wipe your phone data. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@niceguyeddie99 

Another thought that occurs to me is that prior to a Factory Data Reset you could try resetting the mobile network settings in... Settings > General management > Reset > Rest mobile network settings.

0 Likes