Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung keyboard

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 02:23 PM)
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
When typing emails words sometimes are underlined in white. If I  delete one letter and re-type it the underline goes away. Even if I tap on the word where the predictive text appears the underline doesn't go away. Is there a fix for this other than switching to a different keyboard (e.g. Google)?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@WatsonB: Do you only encounter this issue while composing emails, or have you noticed it in other apps that use the Samsung Keyboard e.g. Messages? If it's an email-only issue, which app are you using? If you continue to type your message, and ignore the white underline, does it remain there? 

0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
I think it's only emails for which I use Gmail. Yes, the underline stays. It always happens when typing figures. The underlines appear on commonly used words and as I said even when I confirm the word from the predictive text line it doesn't help.
0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
Just checked and it happens with Google Keep too - didn't happen with Proton Mail.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@WatsonB: Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? On the Samsung Keyboard, words will be underlined in grey if they have been auto replaced, so it's possible that this is what you're experiencing. As a test, try typing in a word with incorrect spelling or punctuation e.g Cant instead of Can't, and check to see if the line appears under the corrected word. Please make sure to put a space after the word to allow auto correct to kick in. 

0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
@AndrewL. Sorry I didn't realise you had replied. I'll check out
0 Likes
WatsonB
Journeyman
Options
... your ideas and get back to you.
0 Likes