Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 Overheating after upgrade - will logcat help track down

(Topic created on: 20-07-2021 11:48 AM)
andysams
First Poster
Options

Hi I am having problems with my S9 in the last few weeks. When walking I use GPS Logger and listen to music with BT earbuds. Nothing has changed in months. A few weeks ago it started to overheat. It gets to the point where the phone will shut down the music app due to overheating. If I just start the phone and don't even log in it will get warm (37C) after a few minutes. I have just noticed that this has started to happen just after the latest upgrade in June. I have a 5 minute logcat but need help in finding anything that may help me track down the problem.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@andysams: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Which music app are you using, and are you streaming your music via a mobile data connection? Streaming apps are power intensive and cause your phone to overheat after periods of prolonged use. This, coupled with the recent warm weather, may be what's causing the app to close down. If you have a case or cover on the phone, try removing it to see if you notice an improvement, and keep the device out of direct sunlight where possible. 

0 Likes