Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help!

(Topic created on: 14-04-2022 07:30 PM)
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

lock screen.png

I have this lock symbol on my screen. My problem is that i broke my screen, and cant see or touch anything. i have a screen adapter so that i can use my tv as a second screen with a usb mouse. but im stuck on this screen and cant do anything. this is a last desperate cry to try and gain access to my phone, in order to recover notes saved on the device. remote backup is not working with the notes app

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
Drislord
Journeyman
Options

As i stated, i have a screen adapter. And the screenshot i posted is a lock screen, because it didnt have permission from the phone to, firstly use samsung dex, and secondly unlock the phone. I connected a usb keyboard to the screen adapter, and blindly pressed Tab to highlight the accept button to use samsung dex, and then enter to accept. then i entered my pin and pressed enter again. (i practiced first using another working phone where i could see what i was doing) After this i could use my tv as a second screen. connected the usb mouse and made the backups i needed

Members_hW17Q7U
First Poster
Options

Hi! Signed up to write my first comment only to say thank you, I have the same situation and honestly when I connected keyboard nothing happen, nothing reacted nothing happend at all... but then I just kept pressing tab and enter tab and enter and well... still nothing happen. Then I started pressing all buttons especially numbers on the keyboard and VOALA it logged in?!  Would not have kept trying if I didnt see your text, so thank you and good luck if anyone is in same situation. 

Members_7hpeVfH
First Poster
Options

This solution that worked for me:

While mirroring the screen to my TV (with a no-name adapter), i hit "TAB" and "Enter" serveral times in the "Time and Lock Screen".
I got access to the Emergency Call Screen. But wasn´t able to go any further from there.
I initiated a rebbot by pressing vol down + Bixby/Power and entered the reboot menue. There, i choosed "Side key settings" and surpise DeX stared. I needed to accept DeX by hitting a "start" button wich was nowhere to see, so i simply toched the dark handy display a few times and finally i managed to access the phone again.

voila :smiling-face:

0 Likes
ddw00
First Poster
Options

Hi I am having the same issue but a little bit confused about the dex part. if I plug my phone to my tv for screen mirror with a dock and keyboard and mouse. How do so unlock the phone and back up to Dex? Don’t I need to connect the phone to a PC for dex? Thanks

0 Likes