Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next best phone after s9

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 10:47 AM)
vicky42
Pioneer
Options
Hi i have the samsung s9, what do u reccomend the next phone for me.

I dont use alot of gb as i have wifi at home/work.

Iike taking pics/vids every now and then
Use internet alot
Listen to music daily

8 REPLIES 8
Rob99
Voyager
Options
The S range are generally considered the best, S21 Ultra is the current flagship. I like big screens so I have the Z Fold 3. I think folding phones are generally seen as a gimmick at the moment, but I don't think I would go back to a 'standard' phone now, as I love the big screen, and it has all the features of a flagship too.
bluace
Voyager
Options
I would defo say the fold 3 I had the note 10 loved that phone so much but was due a upgrade and got a great offer I love everything about it but again its preference , but if you can hold out the s22 lines will be out v soon and looking at the vids on you tube the s22 ultra sounds and looks great all the best 👍
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Depending on your budget really and what you want from your phone.
The current S21 and S21 Ultra phones have brilliant cameras and features.
S21 Ultra maybe too large for what you want.
That's if you're looking for a current flagship phone.
If you want to save a bit of money you can wait until the S22 series launches and the S21 range would drop in price. I had the Note 20 Ultra, and loved it.
Don't forget we now have the S21 FE coming out. Looks like a great phone for a decent price.
I now have the Z Fold 3, and really enjoying it. But maybe too large for what you want.
Best thing is to visit a Samsung Experience Store and see what you would be happy with.
Ricki6
Navigator
Options
Good Afternoon Vicky, I would suggest that if your budget allows wait and buy the s22 ultimate and part exchange the your S9 on the Samsung Web site to offset some of the new purchase cost. The s22 comes with superb cameras and the internal storage starts at 256GB. You can copy all your existing data and photos and videos using Samsung smart switch app and a usb c to usb c cable. Good luck hope you find something suitable.
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I would say the s20 ultra is a really good phone not had any problems with it I bought it on May 2020 I will look at the s22 when it comes out thanks
Midge123
Voyager
Options
Hi I am with Giffgaff and I get 15GB unlimited texts and unlimited minutes plus talking to another Giffgaff you get it for nothing I pay £10 a month thanks
0 Likes
Members_TNgz1yD
First Poster
Options

Same question for me.
I like the form factor of the S9 and the screen resolution. With the s9 I can reach the whole screen when holding the phone in one hand. I've tried the A52 and that is just too big. Also the resolution of the S9 seems unmatched when comparing to other phones with the same form factor/size.

Essentially, I'm looking for an S9 with latest android and faster CPU.

DW40
First Poster
Options

This is the same boat I'm in. Battery has completely tanked on my S9 so looking for another phone and want to upgrade to something with more recent specs, but there is literally nothing out there with an equivalent form factor. The S9 is slim, narrow and light with almost no ridging and it feels exceedingly comfortable in the hand. Everything else I've picked up feels like an absolute brick in the hand. The baseline S22 is at least small, but feels more like an iPhone than anything else. Pixel 6A is the narrowest o...

0 Likes