Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming callers can't hear me

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 08:52 PM)
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
Following the Samsung update yesterday, any incoming callers cannot hear me. I have to call them back, then they can hear me perfectly fine. Any advice is much appreciated
116 REPLIES 116
CarlH
Options

Hey @KirstyMM. Are you using a headset with your phone or does this occur using the standard speaker/ mic? 

0 Likes
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
Hi, it's just the standard speaker/mic on the actual phone. was working perfectly fine on Friday and before that, it just started to occur yesterday morning with any incoming calls.
AsadM
Options

That's odd, @KirstyMM

Let's try switching off the phone for 20 seconds. While it's switched off, remove the sim card from the phone, and wipe the chip with a clean/dry cloth. Do let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
Leadsinger1971
Apprentice
Options

Same problem for me since update. Contacted Samsung, went through clearing data, soft resets, etc etc. Went into safe mode, tested it by receiving a call and voila its all ok again, the caller can hear me. They said it was an app of mine causing a problem and that I would have to switch on each app individually one by one, receive a call and test to see which app causes the problem. I reminded them that this can not be done in safe mode as all apps are disabled, and also cant be done in normal mode as all apps are on in back ground anyway. I then explained that this is clearly not an app issue as there are no new apps on my phone, and this problem started immediately after the last OTA update so this is an OTA software issue. They then agreed and asked me to report this via Samsung members app, which I have. I asked how long before this is resolved but they said they do not know.....

Incidentally any calls received via any app like Skype, Whatsapp, Messenger etc is fine.

Come one Samsung get your act together, supposed to be the best... Not! This should not happen when you pay £1000 for a phone!!!

I actually explained what the problem was to one of your experts and they agreed with me after giving me the wrong reason for this problem!!! Very bad!

KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
I'm so glad it's not just me, no offence, but it's been driving me mad. I'm still having the problem. Keep going in to safe mode. Resolves it for one or two calls, but then another caller can't hear me. It's so frustrating! Do you have the fitbit app by any chance? The first time it happened was when I answered a call on my fitbit, but that may just have been a coincidence, as I've never had the problem, until the Samsung update
Leadsinger1971
Apprentice
Options
No I don't have Fitbit, it's definitely an update issue. I'm sure Samsung create problems and slow phones abilities purposely on OTA updates to make you want to buy a newer phone! Getting fed up with Samsung to be honest. My mother has a Mi phone, it's amazing, lightning fast compared to my Note 9 8gb memory 500gb storage, and it's low spec! She has never an issue and I'm thinking Mi is the way to go!
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
I agree with you. Maybe trying to get rid of old stock in the black Friday sale. Haha. Fingers crossed we get another update soon. Will have a look at Mi's, thanks for the tip
FrankDub
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same problem. Has there been any clear reponse from Samsung thus far?

0 Likes
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
Not that I've heard. It seems to work fine if you turn loud speaker on, then off again when you've answered the incoming call. We shouldn't have to do that, but as a work around until it's sorted