Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the 3-position gesture navigation bar! #usability #navigation #android

(Topic created on: 27-01-2024 09:48 AM)
User000001
Apprentice
Options

On the S24, they've made a change to the navigation gesture bar. The old 3-position bar (swipe up for app drawer, home, back) has been replaced with a single bar in the middle that goes home. To go back, you have to swipe in from the sides, and opening the app task drawer is not as straightforward.

I believe it would be beneficial if they provided the option to have the three separate gesture navigation options back. This would allow users to choose the navigation method that they prefer and are most comfortable with. Galaxy S24 Ultra. Galaxy S24+. Galaxy S24 

87 REPLIES 87
Agni28
Pioneer
Options
Yes it's quite confusing and very difficult to use the swipe gestures now. I have posted it as an error directly in the Support section.
Kbrooks
Pioneer
Options
I agree, the old one should at least be an option, it was easier to use
User000001
Apprentice
Options

I have commented on their Facebook page about it, messaged them on several platforms and reported it. I'm not usually bothered about changes to the UI but this is one hurdle I can't get over.

HeyMang
Explorer
Options
I have got used to it now.
You go back by swiping from left or right anywhere up the sides.
You return home with a swipe up.
You go to apps with a slow swipe up.
If on home you get apps with a swipe up of wallet then hold for it to turn to apps.

I'm OK with it now but it should have come with instructions.
User000001
Apprentice
Options
I believe when you first select it, it does show you. I know the navi bar they've implemented is raw android standard I just prefer the one samsung has implemented for so many years
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
Is that the new gesture bar you're talking about in 6.1?

That's exactly how the gestures are currently in 6.0
0 Likes
HeyMang
Explorer
Options
Yes. The single bar at the bottom.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
User000001
Apprentice
Options
I know, but Samsung themselves changed it to the one we all know and love the three separate gestures.