Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi problem after updated to UI 6.1 on S23 Plus

(Topic created on: 29-03-2024 11:41 AM)
Loft_Lo
First Poster
Options

My S23 Plus connects to my Asus RT-AXE7800 router, which is a Wifi 6E router. Before updating to UI 6.1, there was no Wifi problem. After I have updated my S23 Plus from UI 6.0 to 6.1. I have found that when it is connected to the router in  Wifi 6E mode, it says no internet or the connection fails. It only connects to the router in Wifi 6 mode stably. It seems that this is a bug of the update. Is there anyone who has the same problem out there?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Did you try to restart the phone and wipe phone cache? Also forget and re-add network connection 

0 Likes
Loft_Lo
First Poster
Options

I restarted several times as well as forgetting and re-adding the network connection, but no help.

0 Likes
Taylorob
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Wife has s23fe with 6.1 update and works fine. Mine also worked fine pre 6.1 update 

0 Likes
Artekkers
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, wifi 6e connects and then disconnects. Reconnects to wifi 6 and works fine. Is wifi 6e working for anyone on this phone?

0 Likes
Loft_Lo
First Poster
Options

What is the model of your 6E router? I'm wondering if this bug is causing the issue among all 6E routers or only Asus 6E routers.

0 Likes
Members_KOvxKec
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem. All of a sudden, my S23+ is taking an age to load all Apps when connected to my Sky Broadband. Disable wifi and the App will open instantly on mobile data. Cleared all the caches and tried multiple restarts, etc. All other devices at home are running fine on wifi, but not my phone. There is clearly a bug in there and Samsung need to get it sorted.

0 Likes
Loft_Lo
First Poster
Options

Try switching your router from Wifi 6E to Wifi 6, this solves the issue temporarily.

0 Likes
Members_V49jdv5
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Same problem but with a S22+ and an Asus RT-AX86U router in Wi-Fi 6 (no Wi-Fi 6E) and configured in AP mode.

0 Likes
Loft_Lo
First Poster
Options

Do you have a solution or any workaround?

Any problem when connected to your main router?

0 Likes