Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why on earth did Samsung remove the chromecast functionality?

(Topic created on: 18-11-2023 05:41 PM)
ClassicRando
Explorer
Options
One UI 6 beta fully supported chromecast in smart view, now the official is out, it's been removed, why, and are there any plans to put it back in?
This is the difference between me continuing to be a customer at Samsung (in the last couple of years I've bought the two buds pro, s21ultra, flip 4,s23 ultra, and 3 watches, I'm their ideal customer, but no chromecast is becoming a real deal breaker for me, specially since I replaced all my tvs with Phillips ambilight oled models, and I can't even cast to my fire TV Cube which should be supported?) and me leaving Samsung behind. 
33 REPLIES 33
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
you can cast to a chromecast via the HOME app.
0 Likes
ClassicRando
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the answer, but that way is just a screen mirror so my phone remains on, and also leaves a large border around everything, with UI 6 beta you could turn support for chromecast on, and use it straight from the smart display function.
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
I personally have never been able to cast to a chromecast via smart view or even dex.
0 Likes
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
If your phone and the chrome cast are on the same wifi network and your are using Google or YouTube or another chrome cast supporting app to play a video there should be a chromecast button somewhere in the video.
0 Likes
ClassicRando
Explorer
Options
Like I say it was only in the one UI 6 beta, and had to be turned on first.
0 Likes
ClassicRando
Explorer
Options
It's not WiFi or anything like that related, Samsung added chromecast support to one UI 6 beta (I was using it), and removed it in the official drop.
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
May i ask how you accessed it please? never heard of it before
0 Likes
ClassicRando
Explorer
Options
Sure, if you have one UI 6 beta, go into smart view, click the 3 dots, settings, and enable the button named something like "chromecast support".
0 Likes
ClassicRando
Explorer
Options
I reflashed the UI 6 beta back to 5.1 and upgraded to official drop, and now I can't get the beta back.
0 Likes