Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Stuttering & Unstable FPS on s23 ultra

(Topic created on: 02-03-2023 08:13 PM)
Amalaska24
Explorer
Options

Here in the 1st second or so in the video you can see stutter. It happens often too. Samsung please fix this 
46 REPLIES 46
Members_MBg11aB
Explorer
Options

+1, it existed on my s21 base exynos as well. It's something to do with the Samsung camera app. This shouldn't be happening on their top flagship phone lol.

Note that this only happens right after opening the camera from a cold start. If you try to play around with the camera and then reproduce it you might not be able to. 

Amalaska24
Explorer
Options
Yeah I've noticed that it happens on cold starts. Did the problem ever get fixed?
0 Likes
CharlesTSA
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue ,4K 30fps ,HDR10+.
You can actually see the stuttering when you are recording!
Amalaska24
Explorer
Options
Yes you can. Sometimes it's really bad. I had one video record at 20fps
0 Likes
Amalaska24
Explorer
Options
Anytime when recording video on the s23 ultra it stutters and its very noticeable. Whenever I also look at the FPS for the videos, it's always 29fps or lower, even in daylight conditions which i find weird. I record in 4K 30FPS, AUTO FPS OFF, HEVC Pioritise video quality. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have never experienced this on my galaxy s10 or s21 ultra, so its weird that a more powerful phone has video stuttering issues. I will attach an example below.
In this video you can see a stutter in the first few seconds on the video.

Amalaska24
Explorer
Options
Any updates? Still happening?
0 Likes
BN44
Pathfinder
Options

The April update is supposed to have fixes for this. I haven't got it yet, so it's wait and see though I hadn't really observed anything like in your video.

0 Likes
Amalaska24
Explorer
Options
I just updated my phone and the problem is still there
Members_MBg11aB
Explorer
Options

This is real crappy. How do we get Samsung to take note of this. RMA?