Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow internet speed on wifi

(Topic created on: 30-09-2023 11:44 PM)
sanlocrip
Student
Options

Hi,

As per title said. My phone internet speed is very slow everytime i'm connected to wifi. Sometimes its tolerable but often times even loading google takes me ages and loading media like youtube, twitter and instagram is almost impossible.

At first i thought the issue was with my router, but my boyfriend who used galaxy note 20, my laptop, other phones (iphone and Sony Xperia) dont have this issue. I've tried turning intelligence wifi off, restarting phone / router, changing ip to static, changing router channel, etc but only provie temporarily fix the issue before of course back to slow speed again (i even changed the router recently)

For phone of this price, this is such a bummer. i used to have similar issue with S10 but with s23 its much worse. Really considering selling this phone and getting other brand just because of this issue alone.

But before that, maybe anyone got solution i can try?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try forgetting the network in your phone's settings @sanlocrip and then reset up the Wi-Fi connection. 

What is your experience like when you connect to other sources of Wi-Fi such as a friends home or a coffee shop. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sanlocrip
Student
Options

Hi, 

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes I tried 'forget network' multiple times, which seems improve for a bit before speed dropped again. I just factory reset my router last night and turned off band steering, its improves the overall speed for browsing but still difficult to game or load media (have to switch to my mobile data).

Well i was mostly on mobile data outside so i don't havel lengthy exposure with other network but i will check

0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
Not sure how old your router is or how many devices are connected to it wireless but a lot of devices can affect your download speeds, also check to see if you've connected on the 5ghz band not the 2.5ghz this could also affect your speeds, maybe try upgrading your router to one that is WiFi 6 this would greatly improve your speeds
0 Likes
Starone
Pathfinder
Options
I have a 1.2gig wifi6 connection to my router and a 1gig Internet. My s23 ultra get 500 to 560meg on multiple speed tests one after another, my s20 ultra 2 foot away with same 1.2gig wifi6 connection gets 860 to 980meg on speed tests after the s20 or before s20 either way never better than 560meg
0 Likes
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
It is very very rare to get a full 1gb download speed to get 980 is impressive have you tried looking at what other devices are on the 5 ghz band there could be a lot of interface from other things alot of thing can and do affect wifi speeds. I have a 1gb network at home and even with my phone sitting near the WiFi I never get the full 1gb on avg around 500 but that's all fine it's not like I'm downloading huge files on my phone
0 Likes