Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade program - worth joining?

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 11:48 PM)
Fooey
Pioneer
Options

Is it worth joining the Samsung upgrade program or is it better just paying 24 m interest free so I can sell after a year. I take it you wouldn't be eligible for any pre order incentives with the upgrade program when the new s series arrives.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes you do get the incentives when you upgrade. Depending on if you want a new phone every year, then the upgrade program can work with you. Especially if you know you want to stay with Samsung.
But some prefer the just pay it off route. Especially if 0% is available.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Both options have their merits @Fooey 

I'd say take an indepth look at both options to see which suits your requirements.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
I would not touch the Samsung upgrade programme while klarna deals with the payments. Have a look through the posts of the people that have been declined. I have had to pay off klarna and go for PayPal credit instead.
0 Likes
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
Why did you have to pay off klarna?
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
Klarna declined my upgrade as they said I have missed or overdue balance which I didn't. Tried over 4 days to resolve but couldn't. So decided to pay off klarna. Only other option was to keep paying off klarna for next year and buy phone from somewhere else but didn't want two lots of payments going out monthly and had savings so decided just to pay klarna off and never deal with them again.
Fooey
Pioneer
Options
That's not great. I've not been on the upgrade program since close brothers were the finance.
0 Likes
Helen14
Pathfinder
Options
From all the posts on here over the last few years it seems pot luck if you are accepted or not. And when your not samsung or klarna don't want to know. I've never had an issue until this year.
blenky
Helping Hand
Options
Never had an issue with Klarna. But with upgrade program you don't get Samsung points. Also you can't take advantage of adding a case at check out to get a further 10% off.
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
It's a good option if you want to upgrade your phone every year. It's very similar to leasing a car, but in this case finance is 0%
0 Likes