Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S23 Ultra is now not that good...

(Topic created on: 18-01-2024 11:04 AM)
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Ok, that was a clickbait title. But it's reflecting on how the introduction of the S24 Ultra has suddenly made the S23 Ultra an inferior device, by the way these tech reviewers are carrying on.

Only a couple of a days ago, the S23 Ultra was one of the best smartphones out there, with a great display, processor, camera system, etc... Now, all of a sudden, that isn't the case, apparently.

The moral of this post? Don't get suckered into believing your S23 Ultra is now a poor phone and you need to upgrade. The fact is your S23 Ultra is still an incredibly powerful phone and still carries flagship status. Tech reviewers get many incentives by beefing up a new phone's status, which in turn gets them bragging rights to a new flagship phone before it gets released to the general public. Their reviews on how amazing the new phone is and how it crushes the previous model only helps the manufacturer sales go up. So it's a win win situation for both the tech reviewer and the phone manufacturer.

Unless you're coming from an older Samsung phone which is now slowing down and causing issues, or your S23 Ultra really is causing you issues that you don't like the phone, you don't need to upgrade for the sake of bragging rights to the current flagship. Just remember, in a year's time, the S24 Ultra will all of a sudden become an inferior device when the S25 Ultra is released 😉
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Tech reviewers can say what they like within reason to acquire views and 👍 on YouTube @KP_76 however my choice is to watch flossycarters reviews as he provides an unbiased opinion I respect. 

The Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra is a beast of a phone in it's own right,  and has gained a good reputation and rightly so. 

It should also receive most if not all of the new AI Enhancements sometimes in the early part of this year going from the information given on the Samsung Unpacked Event. 

As for the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Series  of phone's they again look to be good incredibly powerful phone's in their own right,  which have noticeable upgrades in regards to software and hardware. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

KP_76
Voyager
Options
There's no denying there are upgrades. The point I was kinda making is that every year a new phone comes out and how a lot of the tech reviewers make it out that the previous model is inferior, which makes people question their current phone, even if there is very little to question.

If I didn't have an S23 Ultra, I'd no doubt opt for the latest model. I just wanted to point out that unless you're due an upgrade or wanted to replace a faulty/slow phone, do think twice before upgrading from last year's model 👍🏻
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Personally for me.the S24 ultra seems a proper upgrade compared to the s22 and the s23 series.

The s22 was a bit of a disaster and the s23 was kinda fix for the s22.

So after the S21 ultra the s24 seems to be the one.

Until we see how it performs in real life.
jvk
Voyager
Options
None of this is really "news", it's been happening for years, probably even with iphones too! You can always tell, on YouTube certainly, when the latest flagship device is launched, suddenly, it is the only one that seems to get all the attention and the previous "favourite" no longer seems to get any mention!
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I agree totally. If your really into AI then it's a worthy upgrade but if your not it's a very similar phone. For me I would be gaining a brighter screen which isn't needed in the uk. A faster chip but I don't game and a better zoom camera which would benefit me but not worth £600. S24 ultra is an amazing device but think I will be sitting it out for next years. No need to upgrade every 12 months
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I love my S23 Ultra. I hope I feel the same for my S24 Ultra!
MGLeon
Navigator
Options
I never go for the latest phone, just not cost sense every year.

My last phone was the S20FE 5G still a capable phone and did everything I needed of it and only reason I have now upgraded to the S23FE is because OS updates now stopped and the deal on the S23FE was good.
HotShot304
First Poster
Options

Is the Bluetooth problem fixed on the Ultra24?  I think it's terrible Samsung has no fix for Ultra23 Bluetooth dropping. You buy a flagship phone and the Bluetooth is flawed 😑

0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
I'll be honest, I've never had Bluetooth issues on my S23 Ultra. So it may be the same stable Bluetooth on the S24 Ultra.
0 Likes