Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate app sound not working after UI6 update

(Topic created on: 22-11-2023 01:43 AM)
Galli0
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I use separate app sounds to filter out ads while playing phone games while listening to an audiobook on BT headphones, this has worked fine, tho slightly annoyed you can only have 5 apps filtered out. Previously it has worked fine to just go into the settings to swap out whichever game in not playing that much of right now and swap it for a new one.. after the update I can't swap them, the + menu does nothing 

Not sure if screen capture video uploaded right

9 REPLIES 9
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
If this carries on not working there is a way around this to do the same thing. Go to the galaxy store and download 'Good lock labs' from there download the 'sound assistant' in there there is an option to control each apps volume separately instead of controlling the master volume of the phone. Hope this helps. 😊
rosetea
Journeyman
Options

No solution unfortunately but I am having the same issue, I can't change the apps that are set to play separately and when I try to all that shows is chrome, Google TV, YouTube and Samsung Internet which are all greyed out along with the Add apps button

jpar1983
Student
Options

Same problem, using a Galaxy S22+. Come on, Samsung, I'm close to an upgrade on my phone so don't chase me away! Somebody respond and please fix this, because it is a really great feature when working, and needs to be expanded to include as many apps as the user wants!

0 Likes
rcayret
Student
Options

Hello, everyone. 

Last week I updated my S22 to Oneui 6. In Brazil the update happened vary late! I verified this issue, but I didn't found the solution. I did a test, using the bixby routines, enabling sound to separated applications for some applications when I connect my Bluetooth phone. After starting, connecting the phone, the problem was fixed. Now everything have been working. 

jpar1983
Student
Options

I found a solution, but I'm not happy about it. Looks like the apps selected prior to the update just disappear from that list, but remain selected and still count towards the limit of 5. The way I removed them from the list was to uninstall and reinstall the app. Not happy, but at least it's fixed. 

rcayret
Student
Options

Here, when I included the function in a routine, everything returned to normal operation. As the Bixby assistant was in my home list, I needed to enable the display of the Bixby icon in the application list to clear data. This was necessary because Bixby was being displayed twice in the list of applications with a separate com, preventing me from registering a new one and completing five applications. 

0 Likes
pandalock
First Poster
Options

Thanks @jpar1983 that method (uninstall/reinstall) worked for me too but I didn't want the hassle of reconfiguring a couple of the apps in the list (eg WhatsApp, lots of custom notifications for different groups).

My slightly modified method was to remove one app to let the +Add Apps work, add one that was already listed (showed as a duplicate in the main "Separate app sound"), go back to App page, then either uncheck, go up a level, back into the app page (it will be rechecked) and uncheck again OR uncheck and press&hold and delete.

You then just re-add the ones you want.

0 Likes
Tanbin
First Poster
Options

My Galax a52 get oneui 6 updated and now I lost separate volumes control for Facebook Instagram. 

Samsung breaks things every one ui update and never fix.

Color pallets broken since 5.1

0 Likes
ALI-SK
First Poster
Options

Actually not working for one UI 6 or higher I think!

Because there's no more Sound Assistant app on Good Lock.😔

0 Likes