Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s23 ultra - bad with signal reception?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2024 08:13 AM)
vvvall
Explorer
Options

Why is samsung s23 ultra so bad with signal reception? Even outside I don't get more than 3 bars maximum? What's going on?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
How far are you from a transmitter? Did your old phone show full bars? If it's an iPhone, they always show a stronger signal than you really have. My S23 Ultra had better reception than my new S24 Ultra.
0 Likes
vvvall
Explorer
Options
I had the Honor magic 4 Pro was excellent on reception, my Samsung is very bad
0 Likes
vvvall
Explorer
Options
Not sure how far
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could be the case you keep your phone in if you do.
Does the signal get better removing the case?
Some networks are changing things lately with the gradual shutdown of 2G and 3G services.
Could have something to do with this as well.
I know my 3UK networks were a bit poor for a while, but getting better again and have 5G at home now.
But my O2 stuff has not been as good in the last few months. Assume it's the same thing
0 Likes
vvvall
Explorer
Options
I had a plastic case, no difference without the case,samsung is jus bad bad bad.
0 Likes
chrismattamy
Pathfinder
Options
You can't compare two different makes of devices, both have different chips/ designs etc. how do you know that the Honor wasn't giving you incorrect signal levels?
0 Likes
vvvall
Explorer
Options
Very true I don't know
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hi, there is an app you can use to see nearby cell towers, i suggest you have a look and see what cell tower your device is connected to. may i ask if your network operators option in settings is set to automatic? i am currently abroad and this is what it shows me.
app link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wilysis.cellinfolite1707996536704_1707996536698_0.png
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just as a troubleshooting step try your sim card in the alternative sim card slot @vvvall  🤔 

Also over time e a sim card can segrade which can then be replaced via a sim card swap by your network. 

There js also a diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App and a network reset found in your General Management section. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "