Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S23 Network and imei problem after flight mode.

(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 06:12 AM)
PENTAXIM
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone. This evening I realized that I encountered an event that bothered me a lot. I put my phone in Airplane mode so that it would not disturb me while praying. then I looked after leaving airplane mode and saw that I received a no network warning. although I turned it off and on many times, the network did not come. then I realized that there were no IMEI numbers while navigating the phone menu and there was no imei number in the *#06# Combination. I reset my phone and the network came back, but when I put it in Airplane mode again, the IMEI was gone again. Also I can't activate or deactivate the sims of the phone from the sim card section in any way. My phone is only 3 months old and I have done the latest updates One UI 6.1 installed SM-S9180 model
Has anyone encountered a similar situation?
Thanks for your answers in advance.

Members_5Jvz6Pk_0-1712379628425.pngMembers_5Jvz6Pk_1-1712379800947.png

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I had a similar problem with S24U after I used flight mode for a long time, but the IMEI number did not disappear and I don't think that is normal. I believe maybe you should contact Samsung about it.
0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Where was the phone obtained from? Can you go back to them to ask?

And if not, use do not disturb instead. But imei disappearing is not good 

0 Likes
PENTAXIM
First Poster
Options

Right now I reinstalled the phone again, the imei is showing but I'm afraid to put the phone in airplane mode. oneUI 6.0 had no such problem. I was repeatedly putting the phone in airplane mode as usual. Everything was runt, but I don't know. I didn't install anything new on the phone, I didn't try to intervene from the outside. By the way, I bought the phone from a local online store. I have no idea how to contact Samsung directly. I live in Europe, but the device is imported from Taiwan, do you think this will be a problem to get service?Screenshot_20240406_142409_Service mode.jpg

Screenshot_20240406_142715_Call settings (1).jpg

  By the way, I want you to pay attention to picture two, if I play with them, the system will enter the bug again and the imei will not appear again.

0 Likes
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Something is irregular with phone. And on top it is an import so no service will be provided out of Taiwan 

0 Likes
tk65433
First Poster
Options

My S23 also have the similar problem. The problem appears when I switch off my esim.me sim card in SIM 2. Toggling the switch of SIM 2 in SIM Manager will not have any effect but the signal bar of SIM 2 will vanished. SIM Card status in Settings > About Phone > Status Info will not show anything about SIM 2, just like the phone has SIM 2 disabled.

Restarting the phone will make the IMEIs of the phone vanished. My phone is S23 from Hong Kong, same model as Taiwanese version. I hope the development team can step in to fix the bug asap.

There is a thread from Taiwan highlighting the issue. Seems the bug is triggered by some specific sim cards.

https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/MobileComm/M.1712277778.A.532.html 

Another user in reddit also reported the similar bug. The bug should be affecting all variants of devices in One UI 6.1.

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/1c46ac0/s23u_61_upgrade_broke_sim_manager/

0 Likes
tk65433
First Poster
Options

Just checked Galaxy Store and found my S23 got updates on Call and Call Settings apps. The changelog of Call Settings app mentioned about the improvements in Call Settings and SIM Manager. Hope this update can fix the bug of losing IMEI with specific kind of sim card (say esim.me)

0 Likes
tk65433
First Poster
Options

Just checked and found that the bug is still persisted.

It seems the bug is related to esim.me sim card.

0 Likes
Members_8VAXLQH
First Poster
Options

Interesting! I also have the problem on my S21 FE. I don't have that card but a similar one. The 5ber sim. I will remove it now to be sure. Currently in a backup restore process. For me a reboot triggered the problem. Not sure if I will try a reboot to verify....

0 Likes