Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Has disabled my S23 ultra

(Topic created on: 14-12-2023 06:52 AM)
Esita Maria
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S23

Bought this phone from a third-party in August 2023. I received this message 4 month later. 

This device is disabled because it was reported as lost, stolen, or has an outstanding balance due to failure to meet trade-in terms. If purchased from Samsung.com check the email used at the time of purchase for an email sent by Samsung for the next steps. If didn't purchase this device from Samsung.com, please return the device to the place of purchase.

I checked that it wasn't stolen and it isn't. i think it may be from the trade-in issue.

Is there anything Samsung can do to help me?

Can I pay for it to get it unlocked?

Can Samsung Support reply to this?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Where did you buy this device?

I am guessing from the likes of eBay or similar? If so, this looks like an insurance scam.

They:

Sell the device
Wait until returns period is over
Report device lost/stolen
Claim on insurance
Get a replacement
Keep your cash

If an eBay purchase, you need to report the seller and the sale and hope that eBay can recover your money.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Really as @Piper123 has mentioned.
Unfortunately once locked, there's really nothing you can do. You would have to hope you can get your money back from the seller. But I fear that you probably won't.
Getting it unlocked again will be a difficult process from what I've seen from others, and that's if you have full cooperation with the seller. As without the original details, you won't be able to do anything about it