Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S23 - Your Opinion

(Topic created on: 29-09-2023 08:53 PM)
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all, hope everyone is good. I will have had my s21 for 2 years in January (I got it a year after release), but over the past months the battery has severely degraded and I compared prices and wait time to have the battery replaced (esp cause its almost 2 years old and got released 3 years ago so I suspect its mostly just cause the phone is ageing!) and figured I may aswell upgrade in November as a Birthday present. My thoughts at the moment are the s23 (base model), I like small phones!! To all people that own an s23 (or a phone in the s23 series) what are your thoughts on it? And would you recommend? Please give me as much info as you can on your personal experience. 
Just as an fyi what Im looking for in a phone (other than the obvious good connection, call reception etc.) is: 
Good Battery Life (lasts at least a day, if not more). 
Good sound quality (I like to listen to music). 
Good camera. 
256gb storage

Thank you! Hope everyone has a great weekend 👍🙂
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I've have an s23 and for a small phone I would get it well worth the money but go for the 256 gig model and if you get the 128 half the memory is took by the preinstalled apps
Oceanic
Explorer
Options
I have an S23 Ultra.
The battery lasts me all day with fairly heavy use and all mobile Internet.

Sound quality is good, but this can depend on buds or headphones. Playing through the phone speakers is acceptable.

Camera I think is poor/acceptable. Apple still have the better camera. I upgraded from an S10 expecting a big improvement, but no. Indoor night shots are OK. Close up and distant day shots have no fine detail.

Storage should be fine if you aren't saving lots of big files or do regular housekeeping with the gallery etc.

I hope this helps.
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes Ive already decided that whether I get the s23 or not, Im getting a phone with 256gb cause I need the space on my phone, esp with all the apps I use too!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Maria_vm 

You can see which Samsung Galaxy s²³ series of phone I use in my signature below. 

For me it's a powerful innovative phone that has optimisation off the scale especially with the Qualcomm Snapdragon soc inside it. 

I upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra which I now have as a back up phone, and I haven't looked back.

Mine provides 2 dags of battery usage however this is a subjective topic as we all set up our phone's differently and use them differently. 

The speakers are the best I've experienced thus far. 

If you can I'd suggest to visit a Samsung Experience Store or Network Highstreet Store to have hands on with the phone's to see what you think.

You'll definitely find it an upgrade from the s²¹ series. 

Obviously you could wait until the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Series is released and see what they bring to the table. 

Enjoy your journey  😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Hi Maria so I have the s23 ultra. Battery is amazing it lasts 10 hours of sot usually. The new snap dragon chip is out of this world and the cameras are amazing. I did have a base s21 and for me the battery was never amazing from the start and it probably won't be on the s23 issue is you have to decide between size or battery you can't have both. These phones are very fast and a joy to use. If you need the best experience get the ultra. Its a pain at first but it soon appears to srink. Like if I was to hold a base s23 now it would be tiny. Its up to you the base model will give you absolutely everything other than battery. Don't get me wrong it won't be bad but if your a heavy user or big sot person it won't last. I'm heavy on my phone I charge my ultras battery nightly but I am on it for 10 hours a day
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you! Yes I realise battery is a subjective topic. Im quite a standard user I think with the odd times I push it more when Im out all day and need it for whatever reason. Thanks for offer about s24 series, however I do realise they release in Feb time and as my phone battery is way worse than what it was Im looking at upgrading fairly soon (before the end of the year), but like I said November is probably my best bet, maybe even end of October. Depends on one, when I can get in a shop to have a poper look/explore with the phones and 2) Prices. Im probably going to shyaway from the s23 ultra I think as it will just be too big for my hands and I have a tablet and a laptop for things that require a larger screen. Also its a bit too expensive for me. Thank you though and I will post on the forum again when I upgrade 🙂
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Thank you Ash! Yep s21 battery was never amazing but it was good at best. In my first year/year and a half of having it I could get to the end of the day with 40-50% left. Now chance wld be a fine thing! Im charging it 3 times a day. Yea Im not expecting crazy good battery life, I wld just like to get to the end of the day with it not dead. Im a pretty moderate user of my phone. With the odd times I use it heavily when Im out and about and need my phone for things all day. Looking at prices atm (unless I go second hand which is another debate in itself which Im gonna ask about on the forum later today), the 256gb model in the s23 and the plus is the exact same price. The Ultra is a bit too expensive for me unfortunately. I cant upgrade on contract yet so Im looking at buying outright. S23 is £899 for 256gb and even thats slightly overkill but yea, The only thing that stops me from getting the plus is the size, cause 256gb in the plus is the same price as 256gb in the standard but Im not sure.. But once again, something I can check out when I have time to visit a tech place some time before I upgrade. Thanks again! Great to hear you are enjoying your ultra!
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Also don't go second hand no worth it really you never know how hammered the battery is
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea the ultra is a big expensive phone. I wanted it for WQHD 10x zoom and the battery life I do like the boxy design too but the plus is a better size. The s23 should be fine for you then. It will be an improvement on the s21 remember no more exynos that makes a massive difference. Whatever you choose you will be happy. If your a moderate user you should be OK. Not like me who is glued to there phone 🤣