Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Care+

(Topic created on: 01-01-2024 09:17 AM)
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options
Hi I currently have a monthly Samsung Care+ insurance running.

I am thing about upgrading my phone to the S24 ultra when released.

Can my current insurance policy be transferred to the new S24 ultra?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung Care Plus is not transferable to another Device under clause 4.6.1, more information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/samsung-care-plus/#about 

However would be best to contact them directly for your options as advised.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
AaronAJ
Options

You are best speaking to Samsung Care+ @Dbertie58 . They'll be best to advise you on the options available for you. You can contact them via 03330091717.

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
You can just cancel your monthly subscription a month before the upgrade and then take out a new monthly Care plan for the S24 ?

I also have a monthly on my s23 ultra. The thing is that the price can be slightly different between handsets... and phones like the Z fold, flip, ultra etc are all slightly different on the costs of the insurance.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
...but one thing I haven't understood in the past is how samsung calculate the costs of the insurance.

If you buy a 1 year or 2 year policy then it works out more expensive than just a rolling one month cost of 5.99.

By calculation at 5.99 a month, a year would cost £71.88 and two years rolling would cost £143.76.

And yet to pay one cost of £85/£159 is actually more.

On my S21 ultra I took out a 2 year policy upon purchase... for my S23 ultra I realised that to wait after purchase and add the monthly policy afterwards is the best way forwards. 👌 👍

SmileySmartSelect_20240101_105237_Chrome_1000013867_1704106357.jpg
- Smiley

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options
Yes my policy is 3 years for £5.99 / month including theft cover. I thought it was priced wrong at the time. So transfer may have been the better option. You are right will have to cancel and renew the insurance
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
My 5.99 has no tie in... can just cancel the direct debit and insurance is cancelled. Are you sure you have a 3 year agreement. I would expect you could just cancel the direct debit and policy when you sell or trade the phone.

Smiley
- Smiley

0 Likes
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options
No can cancel anytime
0 Likes
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung Care Plus is not transferable to another Device under clause 4.6.1, more information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/samsung-care-plus/#about 

However would be best to contact them directly for your options as advised.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options
Thank you for taking the time to reply.