Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 USB to aux connection keeps disconnecting

(Topic created on: 18-12-2023 10:45 PM)
Members_5UkQXWx
Student
Options

Hi, I have a very stubborn problem with my S23. 

A while ago I boughT a USB to aux adapter for in the car (ugreen), worked perfectly for a while until recently. 
The cable sometimes connected and sometimes it didn't. When it didn't the usb logo kept popping up and dissapearing on top of the screen. Eventually it stopped working completely.
I figured it might have been the adapter so I bought a new one.  When I tried it unfortuantly the new one also didn't work. Over the last days I tested/concluded the following:

-Both USB to Aux adapters work fine, I tested them on/with other devices
-The aux cable works fine, I also tried different aux cables
-I tried the clear data/cache from the USB connection and then a reboot. This actually helped a few times, music played perfectly fine for a while, I even moved/wiggled the adapter/cable a bit to see if maybe it's a bad usb connection but it kept playing steadily. Until I disconnected the cable, reconnected and the whole problem started again. 
- I tried resetting all settings
-I tried the USB debug setting

None of this fixed the problem permanently, the frustrating part is is that it sometimes (very rarely) works perfectly so It can't really be a hardware problem, or can it? 
The issue seems to be that the USB connection rapidly turns on and off. Connecting to a pc/laptop is fine, charging; also fine. What is going on?

2 REPLIES 2
Merlins23ultra
Navigator
Options
Be sure to use your original Samsung cable or at least ensure the cable your using is data compliant. I have had this issue using other cables before. Good 🍀
0 Likes
Members_5UkQXWx
Student
Options

I'm talking about an usb to aux cable, not an usb to usb cable.

Also, this is not a reasonable fix because it worked perfectly before, months on end. 

0 Likes