Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra water damage

(Topic created on: 12-04-2024 03:15 PM)
Members_XPqqKgr
Student
Options

I got my s23 ultra last year before my vacation, I picked it partly because it was advertised as IP68 and should be waterproof to 1.5 meters for 30 min's which I thought would be usefull for holiday snaps in the pool and snorkelling, which it was fine with that year.

Fast forward to last week when on vacation again the first week was fine with some sea and snorkelling action, but in the last week of vacation I was in the pool for a mear second and got a 'camera failed' message, upon inspection i noticed condesation on the inside of the camera lenses.

I have just been on the site to book a repair and it states that water damage isn't covered by the warrenty!!! How can they state that a phone is IP68 waterproof, but then say the warrenty will not cover water damage?

Has anyone else had any dealings with water damage on supposedly waterproof phones?

4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Members_XPqqKgr  It is water resistant rather than water proof , need to be careful with chlorine and Salt water / chemicals can damage the device.   personally I veer on the cautious side and would not take the risk.   some advice here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/can-i-get-my-samsung-galaxy-device-wet/ 

Unfortunately if device is damaged following immersion in water it would void the warranty.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
You used it in the sea, played yourself.

MB
0 Likes
TechZilla
Troubleshooter
Options
Sea water is salty and corrosive, never take any electronics into sea water or pool water with chlorine in it. Salt and Chlorine corroded parts inside your phone and probably damaged the rubber seals last year and this year it is not as water resistant due to the corrosion so water has gotten inside. By all means get Samsung to have a look at it but I suspect the repair will be pretty expensive if there's corrosion inside. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
0 Likes
Ionimitus
First Poster
Options

Hello, i was wondering if your phone managed to be okay because I currently have the same problem. Did your camera get fixed?

0 Likes