Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Selfie Camera Downgrade?

(Topic created on: 28-01-2023 08:50 AM)
Haytch
Helping Hand
Options
Ive heard alot of rumours and spec sites all saying the s23 ultra will downgrade from last years 40mp front camera to a 12mp camera. I hope this is not true.

Also rumours say the brightness will be the same as last years, which means Apple will have the brightest screen. 

Do you think 200mp camera will actually make a difference? 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think, if it's a down grade or not it to be seen.

Screen for iphones are produced by Samsung but their screens are inferior compared to what Samsung put on their flagships.

I would say find out for yourself if it better or not when released.

All these website create controversy and hype so you go to their website and click, making them lots of money. None of them are experts, you could create twitter, website, that doesn't make you any expert.

That's my two cents.

Also they all getting kick backs and leaks arent really leaks, you think a multi billion dollar business couldn't get to you to shut you up if they really wanted to?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Camera Megapixels is not really something worth comparing.
It's more down to software processing.
If done right then the only real difference you would see is if you zoom right in on an image.
Pixel peeping as some call it
I've seen phones like some Chinese devices with big Megapixels. But the final image is poor.

Where larger Megapixels will help is gathering more light on larger sensors. But tiny sensors on phones I'm not sure would make that much of a difference.

I know a couple of people that have already had the S23 Ultra in hand and they haven't noticed any real differences.
We will just have to wait and see what comes out this coming week
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Samsung flagship camera systems always employ the latest tech @Haytch, and year on year improvements in image quality will always be minimal to my eyes despite the Megapixel chasing. Much of the improvementr are down to software improvements as opposed to hardware ones. My S21 Ultra has a 40Mp selfie camera but I have no doubt that the software tweaking on the 12Mp S23 Ultra's selfie camera will allow it to take better images, but the ability to zoom in on these images will be reduced. As far as screen brightness goes, 1750 nits is more than enough for anyone in my opinion. A 200Mp camera using full resolution on a 2000 nits screen could possibly result in thermal issues to the point that the screen could have to dim outside in bright sunlight when using the camera, like on IPhone flagships where the dimming can occur after only a few minutes when shooting 4K60 video for example.
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Why is it Samsung doesn't have zoom option on selfie front camera, you have to install 3rd party app to get zoom on front camera,
0 Likes
Members_QxPWvpU
First Poster
Options

All phones  have a zoom option for the selfie camera : bring the phone closer to your face.

*badum tss*

0 Likes