Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra random restarting

(Topic created on: 14-03-2024 10:39 AM)
Geoff24
First Poster
Options
Hi guys 1st time posting and its a bit of an essay, I am now on my 5th S series Samsung and never had any real issues until now, preodered the S23 Ultra when it was 1st announced and got it on day of release been fine for around a year. In the last month or 2 it randomly turns itself off when it's in my pocket, so did a bit of research and turned off auto optimisation, still it would randomly do it again normally when it's in my work trousers pocket, Normally the phone is left in a cradle in my work vehicle and I answer calls from my watch today I forgot the watch so had it in my pocket as expecting an important call, after 30 mins I pulled It out my pocket to find it was off again but this time it had started in safe mode and I had lost my wallpaper and the theme I was also running. Has anyone had this before? I ran a full health check and all coming back good, less than 50% of memory is being used and all apps were closed at the time i put it in my pocket, phone has never been dropped or knocked I care for it like a baby lol (worth noting I always put in my pocket so the charge port is facing upwards so no fluff can enter the port when its in there) 
Any advice is appreciated 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Geoff24  3rd party Apps and themes are disabled in Safe Mode, can be a good idea to try in this Mode if issues with restarts as sometimes there can be conflicts with 3rd party apps. Should not start in this Mode if not selected though.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Another idea if problems persists best to clear the cache partition, some cache files can be outdated or corrupt in some cases.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.