Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Problems after updated to One UI 6.0

(Topic created on: 28-11-2023 12:58 AM)
singaporeexec
Student
Options

For my S23 Ultra, after updating to One UI 6.0 because of the annoying reminder icon, problems start to appear:

• Unable to enable/disable VoLTE when using 4G connection. Forced to turn on VoLTE when using 4G.
  • Battery life drains faster. With VoLTE turned on consistently, my phone's battery life is now dropping at 1% every 5 minutes or so, and I'm not even watching videos or playing games, just surfing internet pages and reading emails.
  • Device Care -> Memory: RAM memory usage increased, available RAM memory dropped from 6GB to as low as 4GB when streaming videos online or playing "Boggle". Had to repeatedly Optimise, very troublesome and annoying.
  • Phone seems slower and slightly laggy.
  • When an app is prompted to install its latest update, the Cancel & Update buttons are positioned too close together, causing me to accidentally cancel the installation of the update on several occasions.

Anyone facing any other problems after updating to One UI on their S23 Ultra?

36 REPLIES 36
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Everyone's phone maybe different as to how it behaves due to howthey use them,  how they are set up , different preferences and apps etc @singaporeexec 

My Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra is working just fine after the recent update. 

May I ask you try these generic troubleshooting steps. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
The 'cancel/update' spacing is an issue with padding, or lack of it. The entire UI has awful font kerning and from a design perspective, is awful
0 Likes
Bigdeeski77
First Poster
Options

While my phone was updating or immediately after, it sent out random previous texts to some of my contacts.  And not texts between us, but texts I previously sent to other people. Could have been very bad if the wrong person read texts between me and someone else

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Mines been practically the same before and after the update.
0 Likes
KB80
First Poster
Options

I have had issues with my wi-fi since updating. 

It keeps connecting - disconnecting - connecting ........

I have tried all the standard things like resetting network settings etc. 

Samsung support tried a few things that didnt work. Their final response was 'factory reset the phone'.

Anyone else having similar issues with wi-fi? 

0 Likes
Acandy13
Apprentice
Options

I've been having nothing but problems.

The main one is voice texting. I start doing voice texting and then it automatically repeats what I just said four or more times in the text box (also happens when using voice texting on email or other apps such as Facebook Messenger or Instagram).

Battery drain is awful. That's why I actually did the update.

Disappointed

rickp3131
Apprentice
Options

My phone had no issues before updating to android 14/ui 6 but now experiencing 2 recurring problems. 

1. At times my phone is unresponsive. Selecting icons, volume, on/off unresponsive. It lasts about a minute.

2. Sever battery drain at times. I have battery protector on so phone charges to 85%. One morning I got the 15% warning a few hours of moderate use. This happens less frequently than the phone response issue that happens periodically during the day.

I've rebooted a number of times with no noticeable change. 

Kayper4
Student
Options

I have also been having problems since the upgrade with the screen appearing to lock and having to restart several times. In the end I remotely wiped the phone and started from scratch which is very annoying. I now hope problems have been resolved

SaraFic
Student
Options

Yes. It updated earlier and I having troubles already. I've lost 30 gb of data, I had 100 gb of storage on my phone and I don't know what disappeared. I keep getting repeated notifications of things I've already read or opened. I haven't noticed anything else yet and I hope I don't. I wish there's a way to uninstall this new software.