Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra post UI 6 update

(Topic created on: 13-12-2023 08:06 AM)
S23U issues after UI
First Poster
Options

Hi all, 

I've had the UI6 pushed for my S23 Ultra last week. And post that, it's been a nightmare.. Cell coverage issue, Apps lock not working & msngr is not working, crashes , delays getting messages, both incoming and sending ones.. Is there a way to the revert the push and go back to the last known good configuration. Need help plz 

9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Worth trying to Wipe the Partition Cashe on the phone.
Can help resolve some issues after updates.
Something I do after any significant software update.
Just takes a couple of minutes

Also worth after experiencing an issue, to go into the support section on the Samsung Members App and leave feedback in there for developers to see
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone is quite simple

Wiping the Partition Cashe clears out a lot of old or corrupted information that can cause issues

Follow the steps below. You must follow every step and you should be done in about a minute

Turn off your phone.

Connect your phone with a USB cable
to PC or another Samsung mobile

You will see the charging icon on your screen.
Wait till it shows charging with battery percentage.

Next, press and hold the Volume up and Side key simultaneously.
You can press the volume up button just before the Side key.
The Samsung Logo followed by
Samsung Galaxy appears on the
screen.

At this point, release the keys
Phone will boot into Android Recovery mode

In Android recovery mode, using Volume keys, choose "Wipe Cache
Partition" .
Use the power button to accept that.
You will then see its cleared.

Then the top option, reboot phone.
Press the power button to reboot the phone and then sign in normally
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
I have experience most of the same on my S22ultra losing the NFC function from time to time, have to reboot the phone to make it work again, my messages getting delivered late to me, to my friend and apps closing on me while using it. Samsung really screwed up with this software update, made the phone worse than it's ever been. Get sick of so called people telling you to wipe the partition cache ba,ba, ba! What do they know, never makes any difference if you do
Mlisa143
First Poster
Options
My galaxy watch has got an orange screen and does nothing. it doesn't even turn off or reset. I waited for battery to run out and tried again. Still, the orange screen stays on the watch. Please help
0 Likes
JustMarky
Navigator
Options
My s22 ultra is not usable, its stuck in a reboot loop for hours at a time, and when it does turn on you can not use Bluetooth or WiFi. Only since this latest update. Tried a complete factory reset and safe mode so there is no point resetting your phones, just a heads up!
0 Likes
JustMarky
Navigator
Options
Absolutely right. In fact I can't use my s22 ultra anymore and I'm going to take it in to the Samsung store for them to sort!really frustrating.
0 Likes
Gary Davis
Student
Options

I finally allowed the upgrade this morning, battery at 100%.  Now, 5 hours later, with my phone simply sitting on the counter beside me, it has dropped to 5% battery.  I wasn't sure I would be able to even get a text message to authenticate to log on here an respond from my destop.  

0 Likes
Allysisa
Helping Hand
Options
I feel your pain. I've had to reinstall and start again. Hope that this is sorted. We can't go back im afraid x hope it gets sorted x
0 Likes
glgbnaf_2023
Explorer
Options

seems like samsung did what apple does just before a new device comes out, samsung never ever did this till now 14 ui 6.0 ruined my s 23 ultra I went through 3 of them new in the box worked fine on android 13 ui 5.1 then after 14 ui 6.0 everything went down hill fast and worse by the day, edge light ing don't work always on stops, apps freeze up all apps updated and screen freezes all the time or stutters badly and the battery life is horrible, and seems like them annoying google apps want to update and download everyday same apps why never did this before and samsung store app keeps sending adds to download tic Tok etc I ignore it the next day apps appear I never down loaded or disappear this is a joke on Samsungs part they need to send a emergency update android was rushed out not stable at all, just to get people to buy the new fold or flip or the s 24 ultra..and ruined older devices... ill probably get this post kicked off but samsung knows they messed up rushing this out too soon, I hope they have same issues with the newer devices 24 series and flip and fold to teach them a lessen... im using a overseas device now a Nokia x 500 5g and way better device...