Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra OneUI 6.1 fingerprint scanner

(Topic created on: 28-03-2024 08:52 PM)
ForeignFez
Apprentice
Options
[EDIT, 5 APR 2024] Official response to my error report in the screenshot below. Looks like we'll be getting another software update soon.

Anyone else updated to OneUI 6.1 and noticed issues with their fingerprint scanner?

My S23 Ultra doesn't recognise my fingerprint first time pretty much every time after the update, so I have to lift my finger then put it back on it to rescan for it to work. It's like the scanner doesn't wake as fast as the screen does or something.
14 REPLIES 14
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Mine is working perfectly.
ForeignFez
Apprentice
Options
I'll try re-rolling another time to see if it fixes anything.
0 Likes
Fareed_Mughal
First Poster
Options

Still stuck on Explore more screen after getting 6.1 update.😫

0 Likes
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
I had this issue too. Had to hold the power button down to reboot.
Options
Hiya I hear your having problems with the finger print scanner. I have the Galaxy s23 ultra. And my samsung galaxy s23 ultra,s fingerprint scanner is OK after the 1.ui 6 1 update. No problems with my fingerprint scanner try resetting your finger prints
0 Likes
Psicomartin
Journeyman
Options

Mine is working well, but after the update, it went from being white to dark grey. Anyone else has this problem?

It was white in One UI 6, but now it's barely visible!It was white in One UI 6, but now it's barely visible!

0 Likes
Romeoonrocks
Apprentice
Options

Yes, same probem on s23 . I press the fingerprint icon and instead of unlocking the phone, the icon just dissapears, then appears again. 

Went to pattern unlock instead, i am done with all fingerprint scanner issues on this phone ( it wasn't really good to begin with, but i didn't expect samsung to make it even worse, "thanks" to this new issue).

Edited: What a wonderful surprize! Switched to pattern unlock option just to realize that "swipe to unlock" now also may not react to your finger with first attempt (happened few times today already)! Simple swipe!!  Wow 🤣 I guess my only option is to set unlocking mode to "none". Amazing

s9tralala
Navigator
Options

Same problem here but on S23. Annoying as hell and registering new finger didn't help.

aliensash
First Poster
Options

Have the same issue on Samsung s23 after one ui 6.1 update. Re-registering new finger didn't help.