Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra not compatible with any selfie stick

(Topic created on: 06-10-2023 03:15 AM)
UK1989IT
Explorer
Options
I have bought five different and expensive selfie sticks but none of them was able to take a picture via bluetooth connection on my S23 ultra. Instead of taking a photo, pressing the camera button on the selfie stick zooms in the picture on the phone (but does not take any photos at all). 
I had to turn on the S Pen connection and hold the selfie stick in one hand and the S pen in the other in order to succeed in taking a selfie which is not ideal with the weight of the phone, its cover and the long selfie stick as I needed both hands to hold it up. 
It would be great if there was a solution in the software for S23 Ultra that it recognises the bluetooth connection of the selfie stick to take photos and not to just zoom in. 
If anyone finds a selfie stick that works, please let me know too. Thanks.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
UK1989IT
Explorer
Options
Thank you for the link! Have you tried out any of these? Because the S23 Ultra has an S Pen and due to that, it does not recognise any other bluetooth controlled photo-taking buttons for selfie sticks so far! I am sure these selfie sticks all work fine with all other phones that do not have an S Pen.
Looks like Samsung needs to work on that software glitch.
0 Likes
Scottiejan
Student
Options

I know it isn't long since you posted about this topic but I was just wondering if you got anywhere with finding a compatible selfie stick? I have the ultra also and was hoping to purchase a selfie stick. Thank you for raising this as an issue.

drifterin23
First Poster
Options

The S pen is your remote to take a selfie, the is a button in the middle of the s pen just click is all what it take

0 Likes
drifterin23
First Poster
Options

For the S23 ultra all you need is a stick or tripod and your S Pen is your remote, all it take is a click on the button in the middle of the S Pen

0 Likes
UK1989IT
Explorer
Options
I know about that, thanks. But this is not the point. I want to be able to use a selfie stick which I can hold with both hands (due to the weight of this large phone with cover and the long 1.5m stick) and then not have to hold the s pen separately and fiddle with its button and be concerned about losing the pen in case it falls down when hiking on steep cliffs with wind etc.
0 Likes
UK1989IT
Explorer
Options
Unfortunately, haven't found anything that is compatible yet. I am for now using a tripod selfie stick from Anxre which is sturdier with the phone weight than some others but for taking the photos I still have to use the s pen.
0 Likes
Jontologist
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
drifterin23
First Poster
Options

Any stick with blue tooth remote should work, You need to know its name (it's included in the stick manual ) and just have to bare it with your mobile phone, Don't buy on line, it's better to buy in the store like best buy or Walmart and have the technician there baring it for you and if it didn't work, you're there, don't buy it and if you already paid for it return it at the spot.

0 Likes