Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra not charging via cable after recent android update

(Topic created on: 17-02-2024 06:45 PM)
shujath
Apprentice
Options

Hey, 

I recently updated my S23 Ultra which was working perfectly until the recent update. It seems whenever I open YouTube app and then play some video, after a while when my battery is low, I keep it for charging, but it doesn't charge. It has happened to me twice, last time this happened my phone was not charging and not turning on, I did some massage(youtube video hack) and it turned on and started charging.

After the recent update, it's not even charging via cable. I tried wireless charging, its working. 

How do we rollback the update? Is there a fix for this? Has anyone faced this issue?

21 REPLIES 21
RajeevPR
Voyager
Options
Sorry it's the first time I am hearing this, hope someone answer it.
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi there

Are you using genuine Samsung Cable and Charger or 3rd party? Users in here recommend only using genuine Samsung chargers.

Some cables are data only and do not charge (although I'm assuming here that the cable you are using was working fine before the update?)

Is there any dust, dirt or has there been any water ingress in the charging port? Any of these may cause charging issues...

I have an S24 Ultra and on one occasion it didn't charge but since then has been fine so maybe just a glitch that may be fixed on next update.
0 Likes
shujath
Apprentice
Options

Hey, 

Yes, it was working perfectly before the update. There is no dust, dirt, its as new as it gets. I think its some software update issue. Do you think the service centers charge just to roll back the update? And can they help with rollback?

0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

If you have tried a different cable, it may even be the charging plug, can you try a different plug and see if that works? I had an issue where my phone wasn't charging properly, I thought the same that it was working fine before. Turned out the charging plug I had (a Belkin one) was the culprit.

0 Likes
Members_ioz40EV
Student
Options

Everyone seems to say the same thing about trying a different charger but it has absolutely nothing to do with the chargers at all. All these issues people have had only started with the recent update and I've read loads of threads about the same issue bit samsung don't seem to answer the issue

Mihir2493
Student
Options

Hey, I am facing the same exact issue after a recent update with my s23 ultra. Is it working now?

Marisol9
Student
Options

I literally updated mine yesterday and it turned off and necer turned back on. 

Marisol9
Student
Options

I am having the same issue. My phone was updating it had 60 percent battery and it only took 5 minutes to udate. But when it turned off it didnt turn back on. It doesnt charge and i have tried everything, it doesnt turn on

CiobiCiob
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, after update the charging via cable is not working only wireless charging...tried 3 different Samasung chargers and cables, all original...nothing. Definitely nothing out of the ordinary happened recently, no water, dust or anything like that, the usb-c  port from the phone is clean