Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra first impressions

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 09:29 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi guys,

so I've finally got hold of the s23u(should of been delivered last Thursday 😅).
So first impressions are great,it's slightly wider than my s21 ultra so get more display to look at.
I was always against Samsung dropping the curves of the "s" series and going with the "note" box design for their ultras.but I have to hold my hands up and say I do love this design and I would say it feels more premium than my s21u.

Samsung phones are always feature rich but with the s-pen it's just added on this phone.
The camera is amazing and can definitely see improvements over my other phones.perfomance and battery are obviously top notch thanks largely to the SD chip.the display is immersive and sound quality is good.

I've currently got my phone in the Samsung leather case(black) and Samsung's own screen protector.i will look for a thinner case so any suggestions will be much appreciated ☺️,same with screen protector.

I still have my s23 base model which I will definitely be keeping hold off,it's just a brilliant compact phone.but sadly I think the time has come for me to sell my s21 ultra and let someone else enjoy it and give it the love and attention it deserves 😭😅.

So yes I am very happy with my purchase of the s23u and my obsession with phones continues 🤣.

Thanks for reading guys and again any suggestions on super thin cases and screen protectors will be appreciated ☺️.

7 REPLIES 7
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's no doubt that it's the best phone Samsung have made out of the phones I've had.
Brilliant device and I'm loving my experience with it
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Congratulations on the purchase of your new phone. 👌

The Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra is a fantastic powerful phone indeed.

I have the 512gb phantom black variant. 

It's amazing what these mini pocket computers can do !

I much prefer the new curved edges and how they have reduced them.

The weight is on point too.

The optimisation is fluid !

The new Qualcomm Snapdragon soc certainly does it's job.

You have the same Samsung case and screen protectors as me 👍 

I prefer the minimalist feel and look of the case not to mention the quality of workmanship and materials used , oh and the extra grip it provides.

Have you had a play with the cameras yet @tinglish  ? Just wow is all I'll say.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I've only taken a few snaps with the camera,but can already see quite a difference.
Yeah I never thought about the weight 🤔,for such a big phone it's very comfortable to hold.
How's your leather case holding up?
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I have to agree with you,this is the best phone I've owned to date 👌
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey. Congrats on the purchase

Did you do a trade in?

Any particular reason besides some great offers from Samsung for buying the s23 ultra now as opposed to maybe waiting for the S24 ultra instead?
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Thank you 😊
No I didn't trade but I will be selling my s21 ultra now,which has been a great phone to this day.
I got free buds2 pro with my phone which are great also.
Well after I purchased the base model s23 and seeing just how amazing the battery and performance was I thought I'd give the ultra a go to 😅.
I'm sure the s24u will be an amazing phone also,but with this phone it's really top notch in just about every way.
I think having the SD chip across all devices was a game changer for Samsung.
Rumours are Samsung will go with exynos again for the s24 series and I'm not sure how I feel about that, although to be fair I've never had a problem with my previous exynos phones.
Will I get one of the s24 lineup?..........most probably 😅 but that's mainly down to my obsession rather than actually needing one.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Before you sell your S21 ultra may be post us some comparison photos and how you find it compared to the s23 ultra .

I almost bit the bullet with the £200 off and buds pro free but am holding off for now.
0 Likes