Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 ultra charging issues

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 12:12 PM)
Moochinabout
Student
Options
Hi all, 
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
 Since an update early 2024 my phone is intermittently not charging on a wired charger, wireless is fine. I've cleared the cache partition & usb storage along with a factory reset and a new software update. I've bought new plugs and 2 new leads and I'm still having this charging issue so my burning question is: does it really matter that the cable and plug are samsung approved? I'm really struggling to believe that this really matters considering the latest plug and lead I've just bought can charge my dell xps laptop and all other devices I plug it into.
Would really appreciate other opinions on this one.

Cheers
Si 
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Maestro
Options
It's always advisable to purchase certified Samsung accessories if only to rule out problems like this. May be a coincidence but some contamination may have crept into the charging port since your recent update. Try cleaning it out with a can of compressed air.
Moochinabout
Student
Options
My port is clean, I've checked it with a magnifying glass incase I missed something. I've also used a Samsung plug/cable and still have the same issue. The reason for my post is because I'm seeing alot of mentions regarding leads & plugs being original or approved which I do understand that it's always advisable to use quality items however I'm struggling to see how a none approved would cause this problem.
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Could you see if you can replicate this behaviour in safe mode

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/
0 Likes
Moochinabout
Student
Options
That's a good shout, I'll give it a whirl.
0 Likes
stephyb333
First Poster
Options
I am having the same issue. My phone says moisture detected in USB port and will not allow me to connect a wired charger. It's been back to Samsung twice now to be repaired however the issue still hasn't been resolved. I'm at a loss as to what else to try or why it is happening. My phone isn't exposed to any water / damp or condensation amd I've tried various chargers.
0 Likes
KTPrice
Student
Options

I'm also having the same issue. Started probably around the same time this thread was. I was able to clear the USB storage data & it worked for a day or so & then went right back to the warning & haven't been able to get rid of it since. Just attempted the safe mode check. Cleared USB cache in safe mode...plugged in - still warning. I've blowed the port out with an air compressor several times & triple checked there's nothing in the port. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Likes
Shentges
First Poster
Options

Any updates to this? I ordered a charging pad today but the cables have not worked for about 2 weeks now. Nothing in the port, cleaned twice. This sucks. 

0 Likes