Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Ultra Cam

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 07:20 AM)
Zahan
First Poster
Options
S23 Ultra Camera Hi guys, My S23 ultra's middle camera mirror (not lens) cracked. Recently very little drop of water went inside it and condensation was formed. However, condensation is gone now. But, whenever I open the camera it says "Camera Failed" but the front cam still works. Is this a big issue? Will it be a lens replacement? Or will they troubleshoot it and the camera will start working after cleaning the lens? Anyone else had the same issue? Please guide? 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JerryS
Voyager
Options
Hi, I was wondering how water got inside the camera lens and given it did is it possible there has been water ingress elsewhere inside the phone? Water damage can cause a lot of problems. What I've done in the past with older phones that have got water inside is power them off ASAP and leave them switched off and somewhere gently warm like an airing cupboard for a few days. Sometimes they've been OK after but not always.

If the camera has a crack I would imagine that camera module would need replacing.

If it was me given your phone is still pretty new I'd get it checked out at a Samsung service centre and leave it powered off until that's done. Hope this helps a bit and good luck with it.
0 Likes
Zahan
First Poster
Options
No water damage elsewhere. Its been like a month now. What happened is i placed my phone on a wet surface and immediately picked it back up again. I think thats when water went inside from the cracked cam mirror.
0 Likes
JerryS
Voyager
Options
Ah right, understand. Given water went inside it sounds like a hardware problem but I did find a post where others have talked of getting the same message so might be worth looking at https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s23-series/s23-ultra-camera-does-not-work-it-says-quot-ca...

Have you tried running the camera test in the Members app under Phone Diagnostics->Camera? It might just give the same message but could be worth a check
0 Likes
Lex1970
Pioneer
Options
I've got lens protectors fitted to my phone
0 Likes