What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 Battery Drain fast

(Topic created on: 13-10-2023 10:32 AM)
Options

I have recetly purchased s23 and I can notice my battery is draining fast. 

I have turned off 5g

No background apps, location and Bluetooth running. 

Did any one helps me on this? Galaxy S23 #battery

10 REPLIES 10
AaronAJ
Options

@Balaji Muthumanickam Rechargeable batteries, such as those found on mobiles phones, tablets, laptops etc., become less effective the older they get.

Due to the chemical processes inside the battery, the battery life and ability to hold charge can decline over time.

If you are concerned about your battery life, there are some things you can do to generally help save your battery:

• Turn off Wi-Fi when it is not being used
  • Turn off Bluetooth when it is not being used
  • Turn brightness to auto-brightness
  • Decrease the amount of time before your screen goes to sleep
  • Change the screen refresh rate from 120Hz to 60Hz
  • Turn on power saving mode
  • Change your email settings and reduce the frequency your emails are pushed to your phone
  • Close apps once you have finished with them, don't leave them running in the background
  • Remove widgets and disable any live wallpapers on your screen
  • Try purchasing a portable charger to carry with you
  • The battery will deteriorate quicker if the device is left with a depleted battery for an extended period of time

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@AaronAJ

The OP has said he/she has "recently purchased"......

Are you seriously suggesting that a device that has only recently been purchased should already be suffering from serious battery drain?

I think you need to re-read the post and reply accordingly because your current answer is a shocker.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To the OP, first things first, you have a device to use it, not to have to turn everything off!!!!

In settings, please go to battery to see what is using your juice. You should (in normal use) easily get a full day from a full charge.

Then from settings go to Device Car and click on Optimise Now.

Depending on how long you've had your device it may still be working out how you use it to optimise the battery. This usually occurs in the first 10 to 14 days
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
How much is the battery drain as the regular s23 phone be the best battery life due to the size of the phone. You should expect around 5 hours screen time with that device.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You could try all of the below or some of them.

1. If you just bought your phone just keep using it normally as you would for a week or to as the phone could be still learning your usage and syncing in the background.

2. If you did a smartwatch transfer I would reset the phone as start it fresh and install apps manually as and when needed and get my contacts and stuff from the cloud like Google photos ( so make sure you back up those before the reset)
I never back up apps .

3. If you don't wanna do the above you can do a WIPE CACHE and REPAIR APPS when in the same menu and see if it helps .lots of you tube videos on how to do it.

4. Try to keep everything adaptive or auto on your phone and let it do its thing. There is no need to dumb your phone down.

Next time post your battery and app usage (by clicking the blue battery bar ) so we can see what apps maybe are draining your battery.

4. Ideally always ON presice location access and bad mobile signal are the main causes of battery drain along with background data access to social media apps like Instagram and Facebook etc. Which load your videos in the background for quick scrolling access.

Happy days.
Simon2023
Student
Options

Lol 😂😂😂 i was like what is that it's really confusing i think he didn't read the question carefully.....

0 Likes
MetIpl
First Poster
Options

The only solution to this is trade your phone to some chinese one as this phone battery life is a joke. My 5 years old Huawei and Xiaomi perform better than this silly peace of technology. This phone have some advantages as ecosystem but technically is 10 years behind chinese ones. Idon't know what is all that hype for this phones but everything works worse in them then in 5 years old phones. Receptions worse, nfc weaker, photos in standard s23 nothing special, and battery is thing that makes me anxious. Never had that before.  

0 Likes
Members_CxPTS41
First Poster
Options

I appreciate all your recommendations as I also just revieved my new S23 that replaced my previous phone was an A32. 

I loaded up the new s23 with all of the exact same apps from the a32, and difference between the battery life of both phones is entirely different. A32 having much longer battery life. All day, one charge. Not the same for the s23 at the moment.

I am going to try a few things to try and improve, but I'm leaning towards returning the phone at this point.

0 Likes
horse1958
First Poster
Options
This phone has the worst battery life I have ever had and I had a lot of phones