Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Extend Unlock" not working with "Trusted Places" (i.e., Home)

(Topic created on: 14-12-2023 12:47 AM)
Mike246
First Poster
Options

On my Samsung S23 Ultra (through Verizon), the "Extend Unlock" feature is not working with "Trusted Places" (set to my home address selected using Google Maps) while I am home. Even with that set in "Trusted Places" (and being there!), I'm having to enter my phone's 4-digit PIN *each* time I turn on my phone -- even if it's a minute after it was on the previous time. (I also have a "Trusted Device" specified (my laptop which is almost always running), but my phone doesn't appear to recognize that either as I still have to input my phone's 4-digit PIN each time I turn it on.) This is very frustrating!

45 REPLIES 45
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mike246 

You could try deleting the trusted place and reset it back up to see if that help. 

This thread suggests setting up a bixby routine could be a workaround solution. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Smart-Home-Support/Smart-Lock-not-working. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Carlw4
Explorer
Options

Yes you can delete and reset the trusted place Monday, then Tuesday,  then Wedn5, then Thursday, twice on Thu5, then Friday.....does Samsung get the picture?

This is a perennial issue that has not been fixed over the years and that's their solution.

It's not the way people set it up, it's a broken process on Samsung's part PERIOD END OF STORY.

Yes they make some half decent stuff but their support/follow up/fix process is essentially non existent.

doczong
First Poster
Options

Just chiming in.  Seems to have happened after 14 update.  Home address won't stay the moment you navigate off the screen.  Multiple "unknown place" lines show up and can't be removed.  And since they can't be removed, it can't even be disabled.

One of the unknowns seems to be home.

SeeMattJump
Student
Options

What I found that works is opening up Google Maps and doing a calibration of your location.  Likely not permanent, as you would need to recalibrate over time, but it's a start.  

Tired_of_the_BS
Student
Options

The entire Extend Unlock is *****.  It only works sometimes.  It's annoying as hell because it's a software issue that Google/Samsung seems to be unwilling to fix correctly.  I can be in the middle of my house and it doesn't recognize that I'm home.

So, apparently, the word c-r-a-p cannot be displayed.  Really?????????

BobBob2
Apprentice
Options

I agree!! Fix it already!! 

BobBob2
Apprentice
Options

Not helpful! 😞

deeice
Student
Options

Having the same problem.  Despite having my home address listed as a Trusted Place, Enable Lock does not recognize it and always locks my phone despite me being at home.  Very frustrating!  This is why I have not put a lock screen on my last 2 Samsung phones.  Can't stand having to constantly unlock it.

Members_2lWsbTm
Student
Options

Had same problem on new S24 Ultra. Chat support made me reset the mobile network and the WI-FI/Bluetooth network and now it works. We'll see if it will keep on working...