Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Samsung ringtones

(Topic created on: 20-03-2024 02:45 AM)
Bacxiu
First Poster
Options

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating issue with your Samsung ringtones  settings. Here are a few steps you can try to fix the problem:

Check Contact Settings: Ensure that the ringtone is properly assigned to each contact. Open the Contacts app, select the contact you want to customize, and then choose the option to edit the contact. Make sure the correct ringtone is selected for that contact.

Clear Cache: Sometimes, the cache of the Contacts or Phone app can cause issues with ringtone assignments. Go to Settings > Apps > Contacts (or Phone) > Storage, and then tap on "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data". Repeat this process for the Phone app as well.

Restart Your Phone: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve software glitches. Restart your Samsung phone and see if the ringtone settings start working properly afterward.

Update Software: Ensure that your phone's software is up to date. Sometimes, system updates include bug fixes that can address issues like this.

Reset Default Ringtone: Try resetting the default ringtone for your phone. Go to Settings > Sounds and vibrations > Ringtone, and select a different default ringtone. Then, set it back to your preferred custom ringtone.

Check App Permissions: Make sure that the Contacts and Phone apps have the necessary permissions to access storage and set ringtones. Go to Settings > Apps > Contacts (or Phone) > Permissions, and ensure that permissions like Storage are enabled.

Third-Party Apps: If you're using a third-party app for contacts or phone calls, it could be interfering with the ringtone settings. Try temporarily disabling any such apps and see if the issue persists.

Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can perform a factory reset on your Samsung phone. This will erase all data and settings, so make sure to back up your important data before proceeding. To perform a factory reset, go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may want to contact Samsung support for further assistance, as there could be a more complex underlying issue with your device.

1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for sharing your troubleshooting steps @Bacxiu 

Another step is Safe Mode. 

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes