Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

open attached documents

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
lisa0416
Explorer
Options
Help, I had remote access with Samsung for a different issue a couple weeks ago. They had me do a soft reset and still did not resolve that issue.
Since the soft reset when downloading/opening attached documents, the only 2 options that show are Samsung health and Google wallet. I have no clue how that happened. I can not figure out how to get my s23 to give we the options that used to come up, word, pdf, Google, ect.
Being a foster carer I have lots come through I need to be able to open.
Thanks in advance
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Are the apps associated with pdf's, text documents etc still installed?
0 Likes
lisa0416
Explorer
Options
yes they are, I had to forward the documents to my other email in order to open them
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Which email app where they on originally?
0 Likes
lisa0416
Explorer
Options
Yahoo, which is my primary and always gave me word and a couple other options until samsung support had me do a soft reset
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Usually, when you download an attachment, various apps are presented to you (as per screenshot) and you can choose to open with just once or always. Do you not get this anymore?1715713613283_1715713613278_0.jpg
0 Likes
lisa0416
Explorer
Options
yes I'm getting samsung health and google pay..lol. but opening from my Gmail it gave me several so got to be in my settings but I've tried & can't figure it out
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Have you tried reinstalling the Yahoo mail app again and setting it up from scratch.
0 Likes
lisa0416
Explorer
Options
no I haven't even thought of it, I'll try now. thank you
lisa0416
Explorer
Options
just reinstalled, same options to open with Samsung health and google pay..lol
0 Likes