Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6 worse than 5

(Topic created on: 13-11-2023 04:57 PM)
Virey
Explorer
Options
Not sure how/who to give feedback about One UI but the notifications are far worse on One UI 6 than 5. The video below shows a mix of issues: poor delayed expansion of notifications, drop in frame rate when scrolling down, and not being able to close the notification panel just from swiping up anywhere - need to swipe up from the bottom only. Everything about this "stable release" feels like a beta. 

On a side note, some improvements I'd like are: turning the Gaming Hub back to what it used to be like - I've had to uninstall the updates because the latest version is absolutely awful; integrate widgets into the lockscreen itself without having to tap on the clock; and if you tap your phone on your galaxy watch, make it open up the galaxy wearable app, as opposed to the screenshot shown below of a "tag collected".

Some really obvious improvements to be made here, and One UI 6 has only made the experience worse after I had absolutely loved using One UI 5 on the S23.
Rubbish notification panel

Pop-up after tapping the phone on the galaxy watch

22 REPLIES 22
Virey
Explorer
Options
Anyone know how to go back to one ui 5?
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can provide feedback on the Samsung Members App and leave feedback in the support section
One UI 6 will improve, and feedback will help highlight areas that developers can work on
0 Likes
jackiemage
First Poster
Options
I'm not sure what they did to the fonts but they need to change most of the update back
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I like the update, working fine and as mentioned will only get better 

Use Odin and appropriate 5.1 firmware to revert if possible 

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Honestly, apart from the fonts change and different pull down menu, I really can't see much difference from One UI 5.1.
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

Although I have my issues with One UI 6, I do love the Quick Settings panel. Also, after restricting a few apps in the background and clearing the cache partition, my phone does feel a lot more snappier. This alone isn't worth the update, as other aspects of the phone have been broken for now. But if Samsung does genuinely take feedback from people and provides a more satisfying updates, I'm sure many of us will be much more happier.

0 Likes
Virey
Explorer
Options
On the face of it, one ui 6 looks nice. I always like a redesign so I agree that the new Quick Panel looks nice, even though it's lost some of the one-handability. But apart from looking nice, it runs and feels like a beta still, with many little issues which add up to a worse experience than one ui 5.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The swipe issue you talk about with the notifications panel is inaccurate. It's very possible to swipe up to close it from the top.
0 Likes
Virey
Explorer
Options
Not always. I don't think the video I posted was able to load but I had a lot of notifications, and as you scroll the notifications expand. However, once I got to the bottom of the notifications, they had all expanded and I couldn't simply swipe from anywhere to close the notification panel, only from the bottom. It was like having that many notifications broke the panel.
0 Likes