Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 S23

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Members_Y0xgawt
Apprentice
Options

I have S23 and One UI 6.0 installed, but software updates suggest me to update to One U 6.1. Should I update my phone to UI 6.1 or is it better to stay with 6.0 ? Many S23 users claimed 3-4 weeks ago that after 6.1 update the phone's battery drains fast or phone gets hot. Is it fixed now or what happens ? Does Samsung turn a blind eye on this ?

5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

Ultimately the decision is yours. A small number of users have reported battery drain but in my view this is usually due to an app or apps on the user's device.

For most the update is fine and brings new functionality including AI 👌
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If you do update it, you may want to turn off some or all of the AI features. Some users report battey drain due to the new AI.
0 Likes
Lex1970
Pioneer
Options
I have noticed that the battery does drain quicker since the update, prior to this I could easily get two days between charges now I only get one day
0 Likes
miteya
Explorer
Options

Don't do it bro. I got mine S23 just 3 weeks ago. First thing was to take in all the updates, including the UI 6.1. It was strange to me that the phone would heat like hell and drain the battery fast. Samsung told me this was normal and it would get much better in a couple of weeks. Completely not true. Phone is not a flagship. I am still within the month that Amazon gives to return a product. If I do not get a bug update, I will return the phone. Very last chance is to factory reset over the weekend and see how it performs, but having no hope.

0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
There are no issues with both my s23 ultra & s23 base model.both still have great battery and performance after update to one ui 6.1 😀
0 Likes