Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 forcing Samsung translate

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Stybsen
Student
Options

This is super frustrating and actually impacts my life in a negative way.

I have always used Google Translate for Selected Text Translation, but since the UI upgrade to 6.1, Samsung Translate suddenly took over. 

I would very much like to have the option to use Google Translate again, because:

1. Samsung Translate just really isn't that good.

2. Samsung Translate doesn't give me the option to take Selected Text Translation into the main Google Translate app when I want/need to.

3. Samsung Translate doesn't support one of the languages I need! 

Samsung Translate is, unfortunately, a half baked product at the moment and I am in no mood to be forced to beta test it until it might become usable and good sometime in the future, especially as long as it doesn't support all languages.

If anyone has a fix for that I would be very thankful...

...and by fix I mean how to disable Samsung Translate completely and be able to use only Google Translate again.

Please and and thank you.

Edit: I apologise for my tone, but I am beyond frustrated about this forced downgrade in quality and cannot understand why the right to choose which app to use has been taken away from all Samsung users.

5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You can get the Google translate app
Can select that as the default on the keyboard as well
0 Likes
Stybsen
Student
Options

Unfortunately that isn't a permanent solution, as it switches back. Also I prefer another keyboard than the Samsung one.

The Google translate option also isn't available during text grab from e.g. screen capture or screenshots and in many more instances, where the UI only offers Samsung translate.

I would like to be able to simply disable Samsung Translate. 

I do not want both of them, as Samsung Translate doesn't have the languages I need, so this forced usage is 100% useless to me. 

This is reason enough to not consider a Samsung as my next phone purchase.

I know this might sound ridiculous to people who only speak and use the languages available in Samsung Translate, but for everyone else this is the worst downgrade of any update ever.

Edit: spelling

-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use SwiftKey keyboard and it doesn't force me to use Samsung translate

Doesn't revert back either

I also use Google translate no issues at all
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Settings >general management >Samsung keyboard settings >Translation. Choose Google as your translation provider
0 Likes
RedC
Student
Options

Chrome and Email app also loses translation capability with the new "AI" feature for Fold5, terrible development for an expat in a non-English speaking county. Hopefully can disable this useless update.