Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Eraser

(Topic created on: 04-04-2024 11:31 PM)
KP_76
Voyager
Options
I was really enjoying One UI 6.1 until I realised that Object Eraser is now not as good anymore. It takes a lot more effort for it to work and even then, it doesn't work as effectively as 6.0. More often than not, the object eraser function just fails to do anything. 

It seems like an obstacle course with Samsung these days, they fix some things and then somehow ruin other functions! 
12 REPLIES 12
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I didn't use object eraser that much to compare now and before but I prefer the way AI removes/replaces whatever selected instead of object eraser 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm not sure, but hasn't the 6.1 brought the AI features to the edit suite on the S23 range
It's a better way to remove objects
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
AI works ok for moving objects, but not for removing for me.
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
AI has some uses, but as an object remover it's not that good imo.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As good as all this stuff is, it's making an assumption on what would be behind the object that's been removed.
The AI software will get better over time with more updates. But it's early days with things like this.
Repetitive patterns in the background work best naturally.
But will be interesting to see how quickly the software gets refined
0 Likes
Vetri
Voyager
Options
Absolutely my thoughts too. I used to have more control with 6.0 now I'm finding it very difficult since it keeps selecting what it thinks should be selected which results in pictures I don't like
H3S3G
Explorer
Options
I do get what you mean by the fixing some whilst simultaneously ruining other functions with updates but I've found object eraser to be quicker and in some areas like repeating patterns or gravel etc it's even better?!

Maybe it's a coincidence of situations and capability of your phone. Maybe try cleaning it up a bit like using samsungs device care in settings. Or you could download Google files and that has a clean up files feature. That should help things work smoother
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Thanks. But clearing up cache and freeing memory isn't an issue for me, neither is the speed of my phone and app functionality.

The issue is the tweaking of the object eraser function itself. I do a lot of photo editing and this function works partially now.
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
That's exactly the issue. The selection of the object is more down to what the software wants to select on your behalf, rather than what you want to select.
0 Likes