Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal or data for Samsung S23+

(Topic created on: 03-11-2023 03:19 PM)
tskim
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys,

First time posting on the forum to get some help. 
I am having issues with my phone recently. I bought S23+ this May and it was fine until like couple of weeks ago it started to receive signal failures and sometimes I can't call people on my phone. I thought it was a SIM card issue, I tried my old phone but it was working completely fine.

I also have tried resetting and changing settings such as APN network reset and selecting vodafone as my provider etc. Also did a factory reset but it seems like it's just not working. I don't think it's the area issue as my old phone is receiving signals just fine...

Is anyone having the same issue and was able to fix it? Or should I claim one Samsung care and try to fix or switch my phone? Thank you for any advice.
9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@tskim: I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your Galaxy S23+. Do you have a case or cover on the phone? If so, try removing it temporarily, as it could potentially be interfering with the phone's antenna. I understand that you have tried your SIM in another phone, and it is connecting to your network without issue, however I still feel that it would be beneficial to check your connection in other areas. You can also head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Phone diagnostics, and run through the SIM card and Mobile network tests, to see if this flags any issues. 

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It would be interesting to know what signal you were getting previously.

I say this as networks are starting to turn off their 3g (H & H+) so if that was the only signal you had before.....
0 Likes
tskim
Apprentice
Options
No 5G and now I am getting H, it's ridiculous
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you checked your network's status checker to see if there is an issue with their local mast?
0 Likes
tskim
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I have done everything in the manual from checking that to factory reset. I think the last thing is changing the actual SIM card
0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Then I would talk to your network first. I suspect that's more likely than a device fault
0 Likes
Bluesocks
Apprentice
Options

Did you find a solution to this issue as my Samsunf S23 Ultra is now doing the same and I can't find a solution.

0 Likes
tskim
Apprentice
Options
Yeah, so when I went to Samsung for the first time they didnt run the diagnostic was not helpful, but I went again they ran the developer diagnostic at Samsung (or whatever it was called, but they have something they do), and my antenna was faulty so they fixed it. But the issue was still there. Went to vodafone and they sweared that it wasn't their fault. I changed to esim to see if itll help. Didnt help. So I called the technical support and they reset the network completely and now it works fine.

So I would suggest get the diagnostics run at Samsung centre to see if there is any faults.

If not ask your network provider to completely reset your network.
0 Likes
Members_uoVgXtZ
First Poster
Options

Hi I had the same problem and I solved it. I tried everything, but the only thing that improved the signal a lot was to activate the GPS and go to "settings", "General management", "Date and time" and activate "set time zone on location". I was about to return the phone but fortunately under one of the usual useless videos where they repeated the same things to try there was this comment that saved me, I hope it works for you too!

0 Likes