Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

No music/audio control from Always On Display?

(Topic created on: 23-03-2024 06:43 PM)
aviavi
Apprentice
Options

Hello. On my Pixel, I could easily control music or any other audio source from the lock screen/Always On Display. With my S23, I cannot. If I press the on/off button audio controls are shown, but then the phone unlocks via FaceID, which is not what I want.

I've searched this forum and it seems like plenty of others have this issue, but the solution steps either are now irrelevant because of OS updates or just plain don't work. 

Is it just not possible to control audio directly from the lock screen on an S23? Hard to believe, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
aviavi
Apprentice
Options

So is there no way to control audio from the Always On Display (or just Lock Screen if AoD is off), other than see what song is playing? Seems strange since the Pixel allows this. 

UPDATE: I realized that if I tap the AoD twice, I get to a 5 second Lock Screen where the audio controls are shown. But then it goes away. Is there a way to increase the time between Lock Screen and AoD to a bit more than 5 seconds?

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

If you have face unlock enabled then yes it will unlock the phone when you face it when pressing buttons on the music widget 

0 Likes
Solution
aviavi
Apprentice
Options

So is there no way to control audio from the Always On Display (or just Lock Screen if AoD is off), other than see what song is playing? Seems strange since the Pixel allows this. 

UPDATE: I realized that if I tap the AoD twice, I get to a 5 second Lock Screen where the audio controls are shown. But then it goes away. Is there a way to increase the time between Lock Screen and AoD to a bit more than 5 seconds?

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Try enabling this option on screen timeout if you do not want the screen to turn off after 5 seconds while viewing. Ofcourse it won't stay on if you're looking away, but then why turn it on if you don't intend on seeing it.1711324393499_1711324393492_0.jpg
0 Likes
aviavi
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info. I like the Keep screen on while viewing option. [My original issue was that the Pixel only requires one tap to go from AoD to Lock Screen, whereas the Samsung requires two taps. That took me a while to figure out, oddly.]