Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New UI gestures update

(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 05:14 PM)
Twentytwo
Student
Options
I mean why even make this change to the navigation bar, I have to relearn the new gestures and it's just tedious to have to do this, there was nothing wrong with the old one, guess some developers had absolutely nothing to do with their time so they decided to change something that didn't need to be changed....

edit: people are saying this is due to customer feedback, then at least leave the option to go back to the old one? doesn't make sense tbh

edit 2: they've added it back! good job devs :smiling-face:
13 REPLIES 13
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

More likely, the reason for the changes has been the result of customer feedback.

You might prefer the old way, many others may have preferred something different which may explain the change.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Part of the reason Google has done this is to implement the new AI features
But as @Piper123 has mentioned. There's been a growing consensus to update navigation gestures.
For me it makes this easier and quicker.
But fully understand how others feel different as we all use our phones differently.
Knowing Google, this will be how it is from now.
DaveTM
Explorer
Options
I would like to go back to the three lines at the bottom, which, after many years, is an automatic, ingrained muscle memory. Now I find myself trying to use the back line and exit the app instead, and I had to look at the settings on how to use it and see if I could revert this to the old ways.
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
There is a work around by using Good Lock app from the Galaxy Store. Have a search as there are quite a few posts here already 👍
Twentytwo
Student
Options
yep this is exactly my point, i want the three lines back, it was a perfect system
neonfour
Pathfinder
Options
Customer feedback should not remove existing options, unless there is a security reason. Customers should also be told of the changes. Not have it sprung on them like Samsung did. And changes should not break existing features, like it does.

This wasnt cutomer feedback.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Of course it should (customer feedback removing existing options). It happens everyday with most things we buy or use.

If Samsung failed to listen to feedback, nothing would ever change / improve (even if a comparatively small number of users disagree with the changes made, the silent majority will likely be very happy).
0 Likes
Blaccat8
First Poster
Options
This! I had to revert to the old button system because I kept accidentally triggering the back swipe on the edge of my S23 Ultra whenever I was trying to move something on my screen. The three dashes were so much better than this current garbage.
0 Likes
Members_OoRZD4W
First Poster
Options

You say in edit 2 they've added it back.... How do I get that? Is it available without downloading that other app? To clarify, I'm looking to swipe up from bottom Al middle and left and right. Not sides and longhold, and not with the visible bar with symbols at the bottom. Thanks! 

0 Likes