Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first and last samsung

(Topic created on: 24-02-2024 01:00 AM)
Members_fZWFG3c
First Poster
Options

Bought this s23 half a year ago. Every update makes it worse. Now it's not even charging. Can you imagine your phone not charging? I've never seen that. Even the ********* Chinese pos phone can charge, but samsung is so special, they do updates to ***** things up instead of actually making progress. 

So, in short. After every update new idiocy happens. Wanna have a laugh? In November after their update my phone started to randomly connect to any samsung TV in the vicinity, and I can't even control it. Can't disconnect from the TVs. After that, a new update, my messages (in fb messenger) started to disappear. Like, whenever I write a message, it would disappear. Had to reinstall the app. We'll at least that one had a solution, my phone still connects to random TVs MONTHS after, and it's unfixable. Now it won't charge. 

And yes, my charger is original and working properly. 

Well I guess now I found out why people prefer iPhone or other brands. It's the first time I have a phone with such issues.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Sorry to hear that. Personally it's the best phone I've owned.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That sounds like a terrible experience, my sympathies. I have to be honest though, I own several Samsung phones and tablets and not any single one has had anything like that happen after 14 years of device updates. I really think you've been quite unfortunate, but know that isn't typical with Samsung devices in my experience.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm disheartened to hear of the issues you are facing with your phone @Members_fZWFG3c  😔 

My Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra continues to perform admirably even after the updates. 

Clearing the cache seems to help too. 

> Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

You can gain help also from sending feedback via your Samsung Members App and or from a Samsung Service Centre. 

I wish you well with the avenue that you decide to take. 

Take care 😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Did you buy it second hand, is it a fake copy. There are fake copies out there looking and feeling just like the real thing. Check the oppsys go to settings > about phone > software information > then tap on Android Version a few times. An icon should appear showing Andoid 14. If its not 14 but say 7 or 8 then its probably a fake phone1708766165024.jpg
0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
the fake phone nowadays there can do exactly the same thing as the real one, you can even register your phone with samsung or iPhone ect.. with no problem.
only thing to know if it fake just don't buy second phone or buy from Internet, like amazon/ebay/ Facebook and so on.
just buy it from samsung or you mobile carrier. it cost a bit more to be safe than sorry.
0 Likes
GuzziBoy
Voyager
Options
Totally agree
0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options
It is impossible that software caused stopping charging.
You MUST have physical damage to Charging port - please test wireless charging coil
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options

Sorry to hear you have problems with it. My wife has an s23 and it’s solid. However I’m on the iPhone side now as I wasn’t so lucky with my s24 ultra and Samsung customer services is none existent so I ran. All I can say is try Samsung see if they can sort it for you if not then yea look elsewhere. Just to warn you though iPhones are not completely bug free but their customer service is perfect. 

0 Likes