Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost App Icons

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
TrevorA52
Apprentice
Options
I have a new S23. Some apps, which worked fine initially, have now disappeared from the home and app screens. The apps are still there, but I can only access them via the settings system. They are not 'hidden'. Any advice about getting them back on screen?
12/05, 15:26
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
As far as I know all games were moved into the Gaming Hub app by Samsung to centralise the Gaming Experience. Now I don't play games and have not fact checked this before posting this but I think I remember reading a Samsung Members update post about this. It used to be called Games Launcher or may still be called as such on some versions of smartphone.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Do you think it would help if we knew which particular apps you are referring to?
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
I have the new s24 ultra. Some of mine disappeared on a ui update but mysteriously re- appeared days later.
0 Likes
TrevorA52
Apprentice
Options
All games. NYT Word Games, Words with Friends
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Ahhh, 3rd party stuff. They're probably not compatible with the new phone. App developers' problem, not Samsung. Try uninstalling them, then re-install. If that doesn't help then reach out to the app developers.
0 Likes
Solution
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
As far as I know all games were moved into the Gaming Hub app by Samsung to centralise the Gaming Experience. Now I don't play games and have not fact checked this before posting this but I think I remember reading a Samsung Members update post about this. It used to be called Games Launcher or may still be called as such on some versions of smartphone.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
So I went to the notices section in my Samsung Members inbox area and here is the notice I remember reading.

Game Launcher App name change 26/10/23

Hello.

We'd like to announce that at the end of October, the Game Launcher service will be renamed "Samsung Gaming Hub."

Gaming Hub aims to be a gaming platform that not only automatically groups your installed games and provides various convenient features, but also provides a more diverse gaming experience. We'll be providing you with many different features over time, so we hope you'll stay tuned and support us.

1. The service will be named Gaming Hub starting with Android OS version 14, and earlier OSs will also be updated sequentially. (Please note that on some OSs, "Game Launcher" and "Gaming Hub" may be used interchangeably in certain menus.)

2. With the app name change, legal texts including the Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy will also change the service name to "Samsung Gaming Hub.

3. This is a separate service from "Samsung Gaming Hub" on Samsung TV, which is available in some countries, and syncing, etc. is not supported.

If you have any questions about the app name change or other services, please leave your inquiries through Gaming Hub (Game Launcher) > More > Settings > Contact Us. We'll do our best to continue helping to make your gaming experience more fun and valuable.

Thank you
0 Likes
TrevorA52
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for this. I found the Gaming Hub, and now have that on my home screen, and can launch the games I 'lost' from it! ☺️