Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am done with Samsung

(Topic created on: 19-11-2023 02:01 PM)
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey all, just thought I'd share a little update.

I brought an S23 Ultra back in February - and it's been an absolute trooper of a phone. Up until July/August time, when I noticed a pretty significant camera issue - I'd get a line on the output of photos/videos I took with the main shooter. There's a couple of examples attached.

Naturally, phone being in warranty still, I sent these off to Samsung with details, and they sorted out a repair order. This is where things get a little dicey.

I didn't hear back from Samsung after they picked up my phone, and they couldn't tell me where it was. So I panicked a little.

Turns out it was with the repair centre, and they hadn't scanned it yet. So all good again.

....until I got the news that they'd reported that there was no fault with the camera. Which, obviously, there is a fault. So the phone was sent back with the fault it had.

So I contacted Samsung once again, who advised me to either send the phone off for another 2 weeks for investigation, or to drive to my nearest Samsung store.

Not wanting to be without my phone again, I opted to drive to the Samsung store. Up until the point where I rang the store and they told me that their repair centre was closed, so they could look at the fault and nothing else.

So now I'm stuck in a Catch-22. I want the issue resolved in a manner that won't inconvenience me further (something like a doorstep repair, in-store repair (except they're closed), or a replacement device). I don't think I'm being unreasonable here - I've put up with this for a few months now.

So, speaking with Samsung's solutions department, they insist that my only 2 options are sending it away, or going to a store that's repair centre is closed.

...and that's it. No room for negotiation, no compromises, nothing.

So, this S23 Ultra is now being dealt with by Klarna. And this will probably be the last Samsung phone I buy for a while. I'm done, I'm sick and tired of jumping through hoops to get a £1,300 phone to work as I'd expect it to.

27 REPLIES 27
keire1916
Journeyman
Options
Through the phone at one of those swans, that'll fix it, happened to me before
keith30
Maestro
Options
Where's the line? It looks pity sharp and clear.
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
On the one with that School Bus - it's right down the middle of the photo (just by the car's wingmirror). Swans - it's the red line on the right. It's definitely there!
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
I feel like letting the swans peck the camera might be interesting 😁
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah, my examples ain't some of my best. This might showcase the issue a little better. Can you see the white line on this one?Screenshot_20231119_145211_Camera_1000007739_1700405533.png
0 Likes
ANDYREID1967
Explorer
Options
Samsung r shocking mate. I have 3 device and there tell me same questions
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
I really don't get it tbh. If they'd managed to sort it out when I sent it for repair the first time, I wouldn't have given it another minute's thought. But the fact they've sent it back, said there's no fault, and are now wanting me to send it back to another repair centre? It's an absolute joke. I get they're using third parties to complete their repairs, but surely they're vetting the companies they're using to complete their repairs
ANDYREID1967
Explorer
Options
All my calls when drop and there said no fault
Sombody3
Voyager
Options
This looks a bit like the camera lens could have a hairline crack. I'm not sure how samsung didn't spot it as its quite clear in photos 1 and 3, you could try taking it to a third party repaired centre as it will probably be cheaper and you can show them the problem yourself. 😊